The AM Forum
May 16, 2024, 01:35:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wyoming- A *proper* July 4th  (Read 3900 times)
Bill, KD0HG

304-TH - Workin' it

« on: June 24, 2011, 05:07:54 PM »

I have been working in Cheyenne the last two days.

Very patriotic fireworks laws up here..You can buy anything here from pop bottle rockets to 6" Saturn V missiles..

They really pull 'em in to their legal fireworks stands this time of year.
Here near the Jct. of I-80 and I-25.

Wahoo!

No, I won't UPS anyone Cherry Bombs.

* IMG00067.jpg (18.53 KB, 640x480 - viewed 453 times.)

* IMG00068.jpg (14.78 KB, 640x480 - viewed 411 times.)

* IMG00069.jpg (13.59 KB, 640x480 - viewed 427 times.)
W4AAB

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 06:21:48 PM »

The area of Tennessee where I-24, U.S. 72 and I-59 join up is well known for fireworks stores. Lot of them around Huntsville, AL. There was a story in the paper a few years ago where folks from Chicago would drive down to South Pittsburg, TN and load up on fireworks. Lots of towns here won't allow you to shoot them in town, but out in the country there are several $1,000. minutes.
WA1GFZ

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 08:42:41 AM »

Yuppies are too dumb to have fireworks
K2PG

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 09:45:46 AM »

No, I won't UPS anyone Cherry Bombs.

I thought cherry bombs were banned under federal law. Here in Pennsylvania, we have fireworks stands that sell all kinds of goodies to out of state residents. They check the driver's licenses of customers before allowing them to buy anything. PA residents are restricted to buying sparklers, fountains, and jumping jacks...no firecrackers, rockets, or aerial bombs. Some of those stores won't admit PA residents at all unless they have a fireworks permit. It is easier to get a pistol permit than it is to get one for fireworks...yet nobody ever died from those little 1-1/2 inch firecrackers that are sold nowadays! The fireworks tents that cater to the locals were being erected over the weekend and will open today. The stands and stores that cater to out of state residents are located near the interstate highways along the state line.

New Jersey, the nation's ultimate nanny state, is probably the worst. There, even sparklers are banned! Someone in the town where I grew up in NJ ordered fireworks from a "mail order" firm. When the UPS terminal in the area received the shipment, they notified the police, who followed the UPS truck and arrested the one who ordered the fireworks. The NJ State Police also have informants who write down license plate numbers of NJ residents who visit the fireworks stores in PA. When those cars cross back into NJ, the troopers pull them over, inspect the cars, and arrest the occupants.

I'm a PA resident, so...it's fountains for me!
Ed/KB1HYS
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 04:12:16 PM »

here in New Hampshire you can pretty much buy anything you have the money for.  Some towns &  cities ban the bigger stuff but out in the country it's all good as long as the fire danger is low. 

No I will not ship either, but Feel free to swing buy any of the fireworks outlets and our convienently located state liquor stores as well on the way through! Smiley

Freedom means being able to make bad life choices and being responsible for them later.  It's the second part that makes people unhappy.

73 de Ed/KB1HYS
Happiness is Hot Tubes, Cold 807's, and warm room filling AM Sound.
 "I've spent three quarters of my life trying to figure out how to do a $50 job for $.50, the rest I spent trying to come up with the $0.50" - D. Gingery
KX5JT
Contributing

John-O-Phonic

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 03:13:07 AM »

here in New Hampshire you can pretty much buy anything you have the money for.  Some towns &  cities ban the bigger stuff but out in the country it's all good as long as the fire danger is low.  

No I will not ship either, but Feel free to swing buy any of the fireworks outlets and our convienently located state liquor stores as well on the way through! Smiley

Freedom means being able to make bad life choices and being responsible for them later.  It's the second part that makes people unhappy.

Yes, Louisiana has a lot of fireworks tents around the holidays.  Most bigger towns have restrictions or outright bans but out in the country side one can set off just about anything you can buy.  

We were in a severe drought for a couple months here in south Louisiana and many parishes (counties) were talking about banning fireworks for the 4th of July due to the fire hazards, but we got some awesome soaking t-storms last week and the stands are everywhere.

Ed, here in Louisiana we have DRIVE THROUGH DAQUIRI shops where you can get your liquor without leaving the vehicle!  Oh and of course we have the highest cost auto insurance in the nation.

Here is a picture from my hometown:

AMI#1684
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015