The AM Forum
April 20, 2024, 10:13:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gatesway II Mixer  (Read 5393 times)
Mike/W8BAC
Contributing

« on: May 27, 2011, 01:57:06 PM »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180670829488&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

This has been listed twice at least and hasn't sold yet. The price started out in the stratosphere and is now affordable if it can be put back in operation without too much hassle. It looks to be complete and it's in much better than average condition. If your looking for a broadcast quality mono mixer you might hit the buy it now or wait and see if it drops again. I have no involvement with this sale and seldom re list items from eBay. This (I think) is worth a look.

Mike
Mike/W8BAC
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 08:08:04 PM »

I wanted to say that the listing on eBay says "No Power Supply". To my knowledge the power supply for this transistor rig is built in and in one of the poor photos I see the transformers and what looks like the regulator board.

In another photo you see a bunch of cut off wires hanging. That rats nest appears to be a bunch of cable shielding  and the tie points for monitor speakers, transcription turntables, microphones and the like. I wouldn't be scared of it.

Manuals are available and if you do a search you'll find others that own and restore this same board. I think you'll find help quick if you find yourself in a bind. I would buy it but I have two already.

Mike
Mike/W8BAC
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 09:08:49 PM »

Update,

I received a PM from somebody very much in the know regarding the Gatesway II mixer. The power supply for this mixer IS very likely to be outboard of the mixer and, as the lister states, MISSING. My apology's for assuming otherwise.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015