The AM Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:24:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Third Time A Charm - New England Sunday AM QRP Net - Results and Comments Here  (Read 14247 times)
W9GT

Nipper - Manager of K9 Affairs

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2011, 02:41:27 PM »

<<Jack, Cool rig and those large indicators and ceramic feed throughs give it a very high buzzard factor>>

My feelings exactly, plus the Ft. Wayne connection makes it more interesting.  Thanks for the correction Jack--I'm really happy to know of a vintage transmitter company based in Indiana.  There's a continuous band of states from Ohio over to Minnesota and Iowa that had ham radio companies.

Rob

Hi Rob,

Yes the John Meck Co. is quite interesting.  There was some interesting info about them at the end of the ER article.  I'm not sure what the Fort Wayne connection was, but they may have been associated with Magnavox or ITT or Capehart (Farnsworth?).  Some research may reveal what their Fort Wayne operation was doing.

Bruce:  Didn't mean to hijack your thread!

73,  Jack, W9GT

Tubes and Black Wrinkle Rule!!
73, Jack, W9GT
W1UJR
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2011, 03:17:03 PM »

Hi Jack,

Consider writing something for the AWA as well.

Hijack? Not at all, I consider these threads like a conversation at a cocktail party.
I wouldn't get upset if the conversation veered off, that's just the dynamics of a good chat.
No harm, no foul.
In fact, interesting post, glad you brought it up!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015