The AM Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:46:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ARB Military Receiver Help....  (Read 3584 times)
NE5DX

« on: January 26, 2011, 07:50:34 PM »

Can anyone direct me to a service manual for this old receiver?? It must be one of the toughest military receivers to find decent service info on. With the exception of a clear "simple" schematic, I've found nothing more than very poor scans of "real" drawings of the nuts 'n bolts of the ARB in days of searching.

I plan to restore this rig to original condition and park it next to my restored BC-348-Q and ARC-5's. Due to the physical design of the ARB with it's hidden band-switch, it's a tough one, and naturally the band that covers 80 meters is dead. That's where I will use it as a backup to my daily-user, the BC-348-Q.. Technically it's a CRV-46151. Any tips would be greatly appreciated too...Thanks....Don
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 08:15:15 PM »

The old CQ Surplus Conversion Manual Vol II has a good ARB schematic.  I got it online somewhere, try a google.  I have a pdf copy of it and I tried printing out to pdf just that page but it turned out crummy.

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 08:37:32 PM »

Did you try here:
http://app.vendio.com/storefront?view=CAT_HOME&sid=177442&mode=1&catId=1322403

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
NE5DX

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 09:14:21 PM »

Thanks for your help W3JN, buy FYI, that is the "simple" schematic. It's only a portion of the full document. I do appreciate the reply...

WA2CWA, you really hit paydirt!!!! That's probably the only site I didn't find! It's the complete original 100+ page manual, I just ordered it. Another good thing is fast delivery, I'm only 3 counties away from Houston.  Thanks again....de NE5DX...Don
KG6UTS
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 10:52:40 PM »

Look up Robert Downs WA5CAB on QRZ.
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 12:06:02 AM »

Thanks for your help W3JN, buy FYI, that is the "simple" schematic. It's only a portion of the full document. I do appreciate the reply...

WA2CWA, you really hit paydirt!!!! That's probably the only site I didn't find! It's the complete original 100+ page manual, I just ordered it. Another good thing is fast delivery, I'm only 3 counties away from Houston.  Thanks again....de NE5DX...Don

Us manual guys stick together. Robert is a great guy to deal with. We've had a number sales, swaps, discussions, etc. over the years.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015