The AM Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:52:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone been to this radio museum? Western historic.  (Read 1605 times)
ke7trp
Contributing

« on: November 23, 2010, 12:43:19 AM »

http://www.radioblvd.com/Welcome.html

Is it worth the trip?  Thought I would try to head out there one of these weekends.  Would like to see the DD1 in person.

C
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 01:04:17 AM »

Never been but Henry is a helluva nice guy and very helpful if you have a question on the old stuff. Exchanged a lot of email with him when 'JN and I were researching the early Super Pros.

Ironic thing is, I almost posted a link to his site in the thread you started about your station, but figured you'd already seen it. He has excellent information on the SX-28 too.

If I was near the area, I'm make it a point to stop by. He has some incredible pieces of history in his collection ad has been at it for more than a few years, so he knows his stuff and isn't one of the more recent (and dubious) 'experts'.

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
ke7trp
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 01:37:42 AM »

Its not close.. Its 780 miles.. However... its closer from vegas and I got there to see family or work several times a year. So its feasable to Drive to vegas, spend time with family, continue on to virgina city nevada and then come back. 

I found that site after trying to figure out what the screws looked like on teh SX28 from the factory.. Mine are repainted black and some are silver.. Really cool site and I thought I would ask if this would be worth the trip.

C
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015