The AM Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:18:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 650hp Ford Fiesta..  (Read 5402 times)
WA2ONK
Contributing

« on: November 12, 2010, 07:49:37 PM »

Check out this guys driving skills....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TshFWSsrn8&feature=youtube_gdata
KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 11:36:10 PM »

Yeah, pretty poor..... cant stay on the road,  skidding around the corners, cant even pass a guy on one of them 2 wheel things withought going in cyrkles.  Fishtailes on wet roads......  the cars crappy; lots  o flame on the exhaust.... looks like theres no heater in the car, he's gotta wear gloves to keep his hands warm.  I bet the driver gets poor gas milage... ... paint job's crappy,   looks like its from a soda can.

klc

What? Me worry?
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 12:00:56 AM »

Aren't the wrong wheels propelling the vehicle? No wonder he developed them fancy driving skills. OK I see this is in France. I do not want to hear another Frenchman complain about America's driving habits, choice of cars, or taste in motorsports. just let it go.

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 07:23:27 PM »

I don't think I could do that. I don't understand how it's done really.
excusez-moi.

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
Ed/KB1HYS
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 10:52:07 PM »

Tricked out car, 4 wheel drive, selectable braking (either wheel set) etc.

I thought the manual gear shift just in front of the steering wheel was cool, with the digital gear readout on the dash.

impressive HP, but It rather did sound like a chainsaw though...

73 de Ed/KB1HYS
Happiness is Hot Tubes, Cold 807's, and warm room filling AM Sound.
 "I've spent three quarters of my life trying to figure out how to do a $50 job for $.50, the rest I spent trying to come up with the $0.50" - D. Gingery
KE5YTV
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 11:37:53 AM »

Pretty much the way I look driving my '56 Tbird w/powerpac to the grocery store.  Wink  Grin

Mike

Mike
KE5YTV  Dallas, TX
"The longest trip begins with a stop at the ATM."
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 04:45:03 PM »

Kinda hard on the tires.

All rally cars are 4WD. This looks like one of them. They really are some of the baddest cars on the planet. Most will do 0-60 in a few seconds, on ANY surface. And the rally cars of today are powered down from those of about 5-10 years ago. Too many bad crashes with the old cars, so they toned it down some. Manufacturers like Lancia were making some crazy fast rally cars before the change.
ke7trp
Contributing

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 03:01:38 PM »

I tune those type of cars for a living.  That car is a very special car that costs a couple of hundred grand. They sell an awd version in europe. We get a crappy econobox with no turbo and FWD here.

Its all wheel Drive of course,  The poping you are hearing is the anti lag system. The ECU throttles up and starts pulling -20 to -40 degrees on the timing and skipping every other ignition fire.  This way, The explosions happen in the exhaust manifold which produces boost pressure at idle. The car can sit still at a couple thousand rpm and make 20 psi of boost pressure. When you touch the gas pedal, this mode is dropped so you have instant power.  Its active when he shifts or lets of the gas in a corner.  Its very destructive but also provides no lag, no respool of the turbo and 6oo to 700 ft lbs of trq from 3k to 8k rpm on a 4 cyl.  These cars run a restrictor in most races which limits then to 300hp but the trq is still there at 600 to 700 lbft. This restrictor fits into the compressor housing the turbocharger. 

The transmission is a Sequential unit.  Its titanium. One man can pick it up and walk off with it.  The unit is switched by solenoids. He is just actuating a paddle shifter. Sometimes the driver likes a lever but it still hits switches.  The lever he is pulling is simply a rear brake lever.  This helps him to initiate the slide during a rally race.

I saw this car in person at the SEMA show in las vegas a couple of weeks ago. They setup a course like this in the huge convention center parking lot and ran a course.  It was fun to see it belching flames and spinning all four around corners in person.  These videos are a publicity stunt.  THere are several series. The last year he made was when he drove a Subaru.

Alot of technology into a small package.

c

KD6VXI
Contributing

Making AM GREAT Again!

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2010, 12:16:23 PM »

Skoda, Peugot and a few other companies we really write off here in the US of A really make some FAST all wheel drive, near all terrain vehicles.

Clark, you have any pics of your WRX anywhere?  Or videos?  Or pics of the destroyed parts Smiley

--Shane
KD6VXI
KM1H
Contributing

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2010, 05:34:04 PM »

Ive been playing that video for my grandson for awile now. He never tires of it.

I love the driving, cant stand the chainsaw buzz.
ke7trp
Contributing

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2010, 05:19:23 PM »

http://www.importtuner.com/features/0702_impp_2002_subaru_impreza_wrx/index.html

There is mine shane.

C
AJ1G
Contributing

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2010, 07:07:51 PM »

Clark - Very impressive Subie, but where's the mobile rig?

Chris, AJ1G Stonington, CT

Chris, AJ1G
Stonington, CT
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015