The AM Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:44:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Last nite on 75m  (Read 4513 times)
WBear2GCR

Brrrr- it's cold in the shack! Fire up the BIG RIG

« on: November 07, 2010, 04:50:45 PM »

Heard FB Q5, KA1KAQ Todd and W0VMC and others... a station in Denver and someone in Phoenix Arizoona... Great conditions, I was dead tired and can't seem to recall who else was on... think that was down just above 3700... not much going on in the "window", was kinda surprised about that.

_-_-bear

_-_- bear WB2GCR                   http://www.bearlabs.com
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 04:56:11 PM »

Lots of AM action down around 3700. There was also at least two AM QSO's below 3700 and one above Todd's frequency. The AM Imaginary window isn't the only place on 75 to play great AM.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 08:44:46 AM »

We had a big group on 05 late into the night. Threw out a CQ early on and talked with K4BCE who is a boat captain on the Savannah River. After we finished up I was joined by Mike W2BY on his C-Line/L4B and Rich N2RY running his repaired Eico 720/730 set up for the first time in 14 yrs. Joe WA2PJP jumped in after a while with the Johnson 500 followed by Dave WB4IUY inside the house on a ricebox instead of the Heathkit gear. Sometime later Skip K7YOO joined in, but shortly thereafter I found it necessary to leave the air. Was around 2300 at that point.

Heard you in there a bit later, Pete. Was great to work you again a few nights back. Your signal was making the trip down to NC just fine.

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 10:42:59 AM »

I had a nice lengthy one-on-one with Joe K2VXV in Buffalo sometime about midnight.  He had fired up his KW-1 for the first time in over 8 months and I answered his CQ.  The frequency was about 3678.

I have noticed activity in the Ghetto being unusually sparse lately. Had a three-way on 3885 Friday night with Timtron and Kevin WB0JZG that lasted more than 2 hours, with no breakers.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 11:00:47 AM »

Last night after sunset worked a good local group on 3873. Then suddenly, the band dropped out and went long. The locals fell into the noise.

At about 7PM east coast time I put out a "listening west" on 3885 and developed a very lively group. Conditions were very long. I heard Europe and west coast on ssb earlier.  Over the next hour we heard from KF5IIA, N4CSV, KD8CVY, N4LY, KA8ERS and KO4TF.  LY is in Colorado with a big signal for so early.  Brandon / KF5IIA in Lousiana, is a new ham of 2 months. He was running a Tesla 813's X 813's rig. Brandon is a young steelworker and is making amazing progress for such a short time. Listen for him.

I hope to get on 75M tonight and even try 160M later on.

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 12:30:06 PM »

The band was very quiet last night.  Both Joe and Don sounded like locals on the bedside Toshiba portable. I almost got out of bed to set the Icom onto a milk crate and break in......  maybe tonight.

klc

What? Me worry?
K5IIA

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 09:32:49 PM »

Last night after sunset worked a good local group on 3873. Then suddenly, the band dropped out and went long. The locals fell into the noise.

At about 7PM east coast time I put out a "listening west" on 3885 and developed a very lively group. Conditions were very long. I heard Europe and west coast on ssb earlier.  Over the next hour we heard from KF5IIA, N4CSV, KD8CVY, N4LY, KA8ERS and KO4TF.  LY is in Colorado with a big signal for so early.  Brandon / KF5IIA in Lousiana, is a new ham of 2 months. He was running a Tesla 813's X 813's rig. Brandon is a young steelworker and is making amazing progress for such a short time. Listen for him.

I hope to get on 75M tonight and even try 160M later on.

T

Thanks Tom I had a great time!!

Hope to work you again soon and the rest of the a.m. gang

brandon

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

73, Brandon K5iia
W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 11:47:26 PM »

Yup, I think I hear HLR working him. I was on Global tuners and could not hear anyone locally, I then tuned the one in Ohio, they were both banging in via computer. It's great when your a semi ham shut-in like me. The doctors at the mental hospital where I reside have given me a pass to go to my cabin next week to get drunk and raise hell.

So I'll see you guy on the radio next week Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

* crazy.jpg (5.96 KB, 275x183 - viewed 365 times.)

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015