The AM Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:19:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nutmeg Fester  (Read 2190 times)
Carl WA1KPD
Contributing

« on: October 10, 2010, 12:26:20 PM »

Attended the Numeg fester today. Nice wx fair amount of vendors and picked up various parts for different projects,

One guy had the RF deck from a GK500 but he/ she was never at his when I checked table. Maybe it will show up at Nearfest. If he is local to CT I would be open to a deal so he doesn't have to lug it up.

Saw Frank GFZ and Rob W1AEX.

Hope to see you all at Nearfest. WX looks kinda crummy on Friday

Carl

"Okay, gang are you ready to play radio? Are you ready to shuffle off the mortal coil of mediocrity? I am if you are." Shepherd
W1AEX
Un-smug-a-licious
Contributing

Apache Labs SDR

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 04:51:30 PM »

Yah, it was nice to run into you Carl! Saw Frank GFZ, Larry LGQ, Bob KBW, Bill MPY, Kerry UFU, and Ken UDZ to name a few. There were also 3 different people walking around pretending to be K1JJ. Bought about 15 pounds of very unexciting but useful stuff: PL-259's, Mix 43 cores, shrink tubing, zip ties, AC line chokes, and a nice metal bench-type power strip. There was a decent pile of boat anchor stuff as well as the usual miscellaneous hi-fi audio gear to make things interesting. I was thinking of buying that nice SX-42 for my wife, but at the last minute decided it was the wrong color.

It was a top-ten day as far as the weather went. In fact, it was so nice outside that when I got home, I grabbed my wrist rocket slingshot and took a few random shots at a limb I have wanted to hang the western end of my antenna from, and got it on the 3rd try. That will lift the west end of the 250 foot center-fed about 15 higher to roughly 60 feet. Not a bad day's work! Oh, my wife got the whole yard raked and mowed too. Nice!

One thing I'm certain of is that there is too much certainty in the world.
WA1GFZ

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 04:55:48 PM »

Yea Rob, It was a very nice day. I headed out at noon and took advantage of the dumpster in the yard. After walking around on the hard top for 4 hours I had enough. Same thing bought some parts and connectors.
WA1LGQ
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 08:35:34 PM »

Yeah, good weather, bright sunshine! It was good to see you guys there. Did not see JJ, but did see K1JCL, Al, and Steve, QIX. I did not stick around for the door prize this time and busted out not long after you Rob. Bob, GCM (Garbage Can Moocher) gave a good talk on QST equipment reviews. Oh and rumor has it that that GK500 rf deck got scooped up by a certain local notorious internet flipper. I did not buy anything of consequence, don't really need much, but saw a few good vintage items, SP600, Valiant, HQ-129, NC-303, HX-50 (in poor shape). Don't forget the auction in Feeding Hills, MA coming up soon.

...............Larry

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015