The AM Forum
April 28, 2024, 06:32:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RFID Chips and Cancer  (Read 10843 times)
WD5JKO

WD5JKO

« on: September 16, 2010, 07:17:58 AM »

This is a broad topic. The link below concentrates on cancerous tumors in canines which tend to grow around the implanted chips:

http://www.antichips.com/press-releases/chipped-pets.html

Jim
WD5JKO
wa2dtw

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 11:45:44 AM »

We should be very careful about any talk from "big brother" about putting chips into people.
W7SOE
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 12:18:14 PM »

Red herring for the Orwellian paranoia group.  Those tags are encapsulated in glass.  Think what a pacemaker would do.....

Rich

KA0HCP
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 12:19:29 PM »

Ho hum.   Mildly interesting.

Anecdotal information with no scientific backing written by an unqualified person with a huge ax to grind.

b.

p.s.  Humans should be strictly leashed so they won't need microchips!

New callsign KA0HCP, ex-KB4QAA.  Relocated to Kansas in April 2019.
Ed/KB1HYS
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 12:37:20 PM »

WTF, why would you microchip a person?  Is this real or a joke?

73 de Ed/KB1HYS
Happiness is Hot Tubes, Cold 807's, and warm room filling AM Sound.
 "I've spent three quarters of my life trying to figure out how to do a $50 job for $.50, the rest I spent trying to come up with the $0.50" - D. Gingery
W7SOE
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 01:05:22 PM »

Hey, 7461434945056, what are you trying to say?

Rich
ke7trp
Contributing

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 01:10:52 PM »

I have some friends that had that done. They put the chips in the back of the neck.  No thanks!!!!

For dogs, This is a great thing to have.  If the pet is lost it can be returned.  I saw a dog get hit by a car once, I ran out and helped it. It was alive but later died in my arms.  I took it to the nearest vet and they scanned the dog.

C
Ed/KB1HYS
Contributing

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2010, 01:19:43 PM »

I have some friends that had that done. They put the chips in the back of the neck.  No thanks!!!!

For dogs, This is a great thing to have.  If the pet is lost it can be returned.  I saw a dog get hit by a car once, I ran out and helped it. It was alive but later died in my arms.  I took it to the nearest vet and they scanned the dog.

C

Ok I "ALMOST" understand why you would do that to an animal. But, other than for 'nefarious government plots', why would a person do it?

Maybe it's like the current body piercing fad, but for Geeks?

73 de Ed/KB1HYS
 "I've spent three quarters of my life trying to figure out how to do a $50 job for $.50, the rest I spent trying to come up with the $0.50" - D. Gingery
ke7trp
Contributing

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2010, 01:29:29 PM »

The girl was a stripper,  Never ate meat.  Gave me hell if I ate meat.  Lots of odd behavior. She had a tractor beam of hottness. She could do all of this and somehow, It did not matter  Roll Eyes

Once that ended, She ran off.  She did lots of crazy things...

C
W7SOE
Contributing

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2010, 01:36:01 PM »

I work as an EE, my last job was building RFID scanners and active tags.  (Industrial automation use)

I have leftover hardware and think it would be cool to unlock my front door, car, computer etc with a wave of the hand.  The flap of skin next to your thumb is the best spot.

I would not hesitate to do this if I had the time (I don't ) and could find a Dr. to implant the tiny tag, takes about a minute.

Of course the real reason I won't do it is because it is a government plot and the mark of the devil.  ;-)

Rich

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgjVWaLxoL4
KA0HCP
Contributing

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2010, 02:00:34 PM »

She had a tractor beam of hottness. She could do all of this and somehow, It did not matter  Roll Eyes
I think she had a tractor beam around a different part of your body. Smiley

New callsign KA0HCP, ex-KB4QAA.  Relocated to Kansas in April 2019.
flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2010, 03:20:06 PM »

I work as an EE, my last job was building RFID scanners and active tags.  (Industrial automation use)

I have leftover hardware and think it would be cool to unlock my front door, car, computer etc with a wave of the hand.  The flap of skin next to your thumb is the best spot.

I would not hesitate to do this if I had the time (I don't ) and could find a Dr. to implant the tiny tag, takes about a minute.

Of course the real reason I won't do it is because it is a government plot and the mark of the devil.  ;-)

Rich

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgjVWaLxoL4

Yea it will have 666 somewhere imbedded with your main serial number haaah aaaa
FRED

Fred KC4MOP
W1ATR
Resident HVAC junkie

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2010, 03:30:03 PM »

I think it's a joke. I wouldn't worry about the gubmint trying THAT hard to control us. Now finish up your soylent green crackers so we can go catch the work train. I don't want to get beat again tonight.

Don't start nuthin, there won't be nuthin.

Jared W1ATR

Click for radio pix
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2010, 12:55:37 AM »

When I worked for a major manufacturer of broadcast video equipment, we were "depot 6" in "region 6" and my number was "6". Therefore I had to login with 666 for the user name. I told them it was not acceptable, the boss avoided responsibility, IT person laughed about it, and HR failed. So, I just started signing all of my e-mails "666@(name of the company)", eventually including those to customers and everyone else. The numerical assignment was changed shortly thereafter, perhaps a customer called in and asked about it. Apparently changing it had required a tedious manual edit of a database for the very expensive customized services management software they had contracted out from a company in England. The software was what I would call "intelligent, robust, and automatic" but like anyone that is -too- smart, it had no "common sense" built into it. I have never liked English software. Every time I have bought any, it has been clunky, inconvenient, and obtuse. Paperport scanner software is an example. It's just bad. Serif brand of software does a decent job and is inexpensive, but it is also clunky and inconvenient, as if it were made up of disjointed modules where one does not know what the other one is doing. Like written in a third world country by people who are paid $2 per hour. Maybe those people have been chipped..

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2010, 09:54:21 AM »

Like written in a third world country by people who are paid $2 per hour. Maybe those people have been chipped..

Let's make that $2 per day!!!!!!!
That is reality in the Philippines

Fred

Fred KC4MOP
KA1ZGC
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2010, 12:41:57 PM »

I have never liked English software. Every time I have bought any, it has been clunky, inconvenient, and obtuse.

With advanced apologies to the Brits on frequency, that reminds me of the old biker/gearhead joke about why the Brits never built computers: they couldn't figure out how to make them leak oil.
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2010, 12:55:32 PM »

Since most RFID are passive, it's not clear to me why they would cause cancer. Tons of people have electronics implanted in their bodies, like pacemakers and hearing aids.
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2010, 02:39:19 PM »

The technology is almost perfected. So many good things could be done with an implanted chip - and so many bad things, too.

Sometime within the next XXX years, I believe there will come a time in this country when the majority welcomes micro-chipping the whole population. It will be a time when people are desperately afraid of crime, violence and see it as a way to help identify potential threats.  Babies would be microchipped for their own safety, just like dogs are now. That may be the way it starts, proceeding to sex offenders, etc.

From this point of view, a person using more advanced technology than today, could secretly scan anyone they encounter (and access a Droid) and know immediately if this person has a background that is volatile and is someone to fear. These chipped "felons" would be tracked constantly by a computer and be able to alert the population, if someone wanted to know. It would be a sick and paranoid world for sure that present laws do not support - and the practice would most likely implode and be thrown out when times got good and peaceful again.

It's akin to when the Twin Towers came down. Bush was on there telling us things were about to change big-time. And was he right. Laws got passed that never would have before that event.  It usually takes a big event like that to usher in the fear required to have a population swing this way. The economic shock in 1930's Germany is a good example of what can happen to a good people when things get desperate.

But all that said, I sure wouldn't mind knowing who I was dealing with in everyday life, but certainly wouldn't want some computer tracking ME if I decided to go into Hotford to pick up some ho's or buy some drugs... Grin (not!)

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2010, 02:43:17 PM »

Since nearly everyone now carries a cell phone, there's no need to iimplant a chip to track someone. And the cell phone radiates, so it's far more likely to cause cancer.
N0WEK
Contributing

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2010, 02:44:37 PM »

I have never liked English software. Every time I have bought any, it has been clunky, inconvenient, and obtuse.

With advanced apologies to the Brits on frequency, that reminds me of the old biker/gearhead joke about why the Brits never built computers: they couldn't figure out how to make them leak oil.

Can you imagine a computer built by Lucas? Shocked

Diesel boats and tube gear forever!
K1JJ
Contributing

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2010, 02:50:57 PM »

Since nearly everyone now carries a cell phone, there's no need to iimplant a chip to track someone. And the cell phone radiates, so it's far more likely to cause cancer.

Is there a footprint of the phone when it is idling in the receive mode or only when transmitting?  ie, Does it ping the cell site periodically for time, strength, etc?

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2010, 03:00:55 PM »

Yep. It registers with the "nearest" tower and updates every so often. Even if no comms to the tower took place after that, you'd be tracked. Once you move, the phone registers with another tower.

Is there a footprint of the phone when it is idling in the receive mode or only when transmitting?  ie, Does it ping the cell site periodically for time, strength, etc?
K1JJ
Contributing

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2010, 03:44:15 PM »

I wonder if they can do triangulation in both the USER receive or transmit mode?  If so, how close can they come?   From news reports of lost hikers, I understand they can do it to some extent.

With no triangulation, sounds like they have an error of miles.

T

Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2010, 05:08:06 PM »

Most towers these days are sectored, so they can tell with heading off the tower just from that. Other parts of the data sent back and forth from the handset and tower tell alot about the distance from the tower. Finally, other towers will also see the handset and may be registered as a secondary. So even more locational info can be derived.

Finally, many phones now have GPS, so they can/will send this data too.
Ed/KB1HYS
Contributing

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2010, 10:36:38 PM »

a lot of phones now have the 911/GPS feature that can transmit the location of the phone on remote command.  You can not turn it off, though you can limit it to just 911 services. Much more accurate than triangulating cell tower sectors.

I am surprised no one has hacked it yet to track folks (the cheating husband senario comes to mind).

maybe they have?

73 de Ed/KB1HYS
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015