The AM Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:14:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Labor Day's about Here - Winter is coming - What are your fall-winter projects??  (Read 10073 times)
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2010, 09:53:34 PM »

I'll be down at the huntin' cabin. Gotta cut the grass and make a path to the doors, ripout the carpet and kitchen floor vinyl and replace with new stuff. Then we got 3 treestands to hang and clear the shooting lanes of newly grown arrow catching branches.
Then the next day the roof needs a coating makeover, the hanging pole needs a new step and then we gotta put 20' of drain tile across the lowspot in the access road and fill it with gravel.

Bow season is only 22 days away!
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2010, 08:04:33 AM »

Fishing the fall migration. Until that's done everything is on the back burner. When that's done cut and split firewood. Clean up the yard. No projects until late fall early winter when the cold and damp settles in.  But need to redo a feedline and would like to string a 160m dipole up.  Modify the modulator on the 813 rig.  Get the PW rig going.  Unload some junk and clean up the shack.  Get on the ether.

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT.
w4bfs
W4 Beans For Supper
Contributing

more inpoot often yields more outpoot

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2010, 02:54:34 PM »

Probably start 15 more projects that get in the way of the above ones.

....... It is slow going.

well ....thats what I did LAST year ....I am trying to stay more focused and get this dual GPT750/BC610 project finished so can get to Globe kings and EFJ 500

the house moving is eating up a lot of time and $  ...73 ...John

Beefus

O would some power the gift give us
to see ourselves as others see us.
It would from many blunders free us.         Robert Burns
Bill, KD0HG

304-TH - Workin' it

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2010, 09:00:25 PM »

I'll be down at the huntin' cabin. Gotta cut the grass and make a path to the doors, ripout the carpet and kitchen floor vinyl and replace with new stuff. Then we got 3 treestands to hang and clear the shooting lanes of newly grown arrow catching branches.
Then the next day the roof needs a coating makeover, the hanging pole needs a new step and then we gotta put 20' of drain tile across the lowspot in the access road and fill it with gravel.

Bow season is only 22 days away!

Jeez, Buddly..What a nut-buster of work.
Doesn't the Safeway meat department sound a lot easier? LOL

Good luck!

Small game season just opened here on 1 Sept...A cottontail makes terrific spaghetti sauce (recipe on request). Never underestimate a .22 long with a scope. I also have a terrific recipe for poached pheasant with gravy. It would be a $100 meal at a fancy restaurant.
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2010, 09:16:00 PM »

Same here Bill, small game opened Sept. 1st.
Already have 5 squirrels in the freezer.(killed 6 - froze 5 - ate 1)

Ya gotta eat "poached" pheasant quickly before the game warden comes lookin' fer ya!  Roll Eyes
flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2010, 10:44:51 AM »

I was leaning toward a complete revamp for the ground screen for my 160M vert. using vinyl covered welded fencing as a screen. But I am going to experiment with 6 elevated radials instead and see what happens this Winter.
Fred

Fred KC4MOP
flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2010, 10:48:30 AM »

Well, unfortunately the Summer is winding down as Labor Day approaches.... and thoughts of snow (sorry, I didn't mean to use that dirty 4 letter word), cold and inside projects arise (you may be able to tell, I'm not a fan of winter).

What are your winter project plans?

To keep sane this winter, I plan on finally building that 100-some-odd pill transmitter that I've been talking about for about 5 years.  Particularly needed on 160 meters at night.

And of course ship the software mod monitor...

How about you??

I want that Software Mod Monitor, mate!!! It caught my eye the first time you presented it on the forum.
Fred

Fred KC4MOP
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015