The AM Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:48:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: wow - i fixed a radio. about time.  (Read 1665 times)
N3DRB The Derb
« on: April 28, 2010, 05:12:24 PM »

The Yaesu had a shorted variable neutralizing cap. had some brown glop shorting some of the plates - couldn't see it unless you took it out which I did - must have been conductive enough to screw with everything for a long time before it zapped the cap enough to short the b + and no dip.

Replaced with the one out of the spare rig and viola 150 watts.
 Cheesy

I'm gonna run the old one through the dishwasher and see if it cleans itself out.

Now I have some other chores to do which involve putting all of the 44 screws back into the KW matchbox case. I'm putting a 0-5amp expanded scale hot wire rf ammeter into the swr meter hole in the front. The SWR meter never worked under QRO conditions because it didnt have the shielding cover. So I put it back into the standalone SWR meter unit where it works fine no matter the power level.

then see if I can get wifey to help me fish my feedline back through the outside wall so I can connect to assembled matchbox and get back on with amp n make noise.

then finish wiring up the audio rack for ray.  Roll Eyes  sheesh.
flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 10:52:07 AM »

Tim,
I don't know how your eyesight is doing these dayz.
BUT I almost have to use at all times with any electronics is my trusty OPTIVISOR #5.
The 5 might be the strength. I know that #10 is stronger magnification, which is good for the SMT stuff.
But that is blessing for me to see detail and those "things" that muck up electronics. A nice bright lamp shinning in there helps too.

Phred

Fred KC4MOP
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015