The AM Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:56:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Idiot Day in Ct.  (Read 13278 times)
Ed/KB1HYS
Contributing

« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2010, 12:41:00 PM »

Driving is not a right, it's a privilege that can be revoked and often time ought to be.  America is far to lenient with drivers and violations because of the perceived "right" drive.  Multiple offenders for Speeding and other violations ought to have their licenses revoked FOR LIFE.   Drunks ought to go to prison on the first offense - and no license for LIFE after they get out.  If you kill someone operating a motor vehicle it ought to be treated like a murder 1(non-premeditated) case. If you kill someone while OUI then it ought to be a capital offense.

No one obeys laws that do not have significant, devastating consequences.  Speeding is a perfect case in point.
Drunks are still able to get behind the wheel without a license, and those breathalyzer gismos are fine but nothing stops the guy from getting into another car.  PRISON prevents drunk driving - FEAR of CONSEQUENCES prevents offenses.

73 de Ed/KB1HYS
Happiness is Hot Tubes, Cold 807's, and warm room filling AM Sound.
 "I've spent three quarters of my life trying to figure out how to do a $50 job for $.50, the rest I spent trying to come up with the $0.50" - D. Gingery
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2010, 01:05:29 PM »

I wonder  Grin if these guys are distracted while driving:

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
WA1GFZ

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2010, 01:36:46 PM »

It must be idiot week in Ct.
Don't worry I have a life and won't build a jammer....but i could
K3ZS

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2010, 05:02:50 PM »

"In the U.S. the FCC (Federal Communications Commission) makes certain frequencies available to broadcasters for public use. When an end-user pays to use that spectrum, jamming the signal is paramount to 'property theft.' The FCC is also concerned about potential "leakage" — of jammers interfering with frequencies outside the range of cell phones, like garage door openers or medical equipment; and it's worth noting that over 100,000 emergency calls are made each day from cell phones. Anyone caught manufacturing, selling, owning, or using a jammer in the U.S. is punishable by an $11,000 fine and up to a year in prison for each offense. "

This is from:
http://www.spygear4u.com/helpct.asp?show=1&hid=71&cat=17
WA1GFZ

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2010, 05:05:14 PM »

I know, but you can dream
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2010, 06:22:29 PM »

driving skills are inversely proportional to temperature.

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT.
WA1GFZ

« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2010, 09:02:54 PM »

Bob,
So true. I was in Texas once in the winter and people were so nice on the road.
I commented about to a couple locals I was working with. Their Reply was wait till summer. I went back in July and wow what a difference. 100 degrees at 4:00 PM changes everybody.
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2010, 12:07:19 AM »

It's like anything else, cable TV and all the other luxuries we take for granted today. Once you get use to having something it becomes a way of life and when it's gone you want it back A.S.A.P.

Invention is the mother of necessity.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
N0WEK
Contributing

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2010, 03:31:26 PM »

"Police: Driver reaching for phone caused fatal crash

The crash on Central Av. in Columbia Heights killed a 14-month-old boy. Authorities are considering charges."

http://www.startribune.com/local/north/88601102.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUac8HEaDiaMDCinchO7DUs

It's clearly the driver and not the phone that's the problem here...

"State traffic records show that since 2000, the woman facing charges has been cited three times for driving after withdrawal [of license], and several traffic violations, including speeding, failure to obey a sign and improper lane change."

Diesel boats and tube gear forever!
WA1GFZ

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2010, 04:34:05 PM »

some people don't need a phone
WQ9E

« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2010, 07:24:26 AM »

some people don't need a phone

Or a car.

Rodger WQ9E
Ed/KB1HYS
Contributing

« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2010, 08:57:18 AM »

Case in point.  She has had no license and still drives, If she doesn't get prison time, she'll be back on the road ready to Kill someone else, since not having a license is really no impediment to driving a car.

73 de Ed/KB1HYS
Happiness is Hot Tubes, Cold 807's, and warm room filling AM Sound.
 "I've spent three quarters of my life trying to figure out how to do a $50 job for $.50, the rest I spent trying to come up with the $0.50" - D. Gingery
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015