The AM Forum
April 29, 2024, 12:09:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No party this year  (Read 4744 times)
The Slab Bacon

« on: March 04, 2010, 04:22:27 PM »

Due to my current health issues, medical bills, copays, snow damage to 2 houses, and insurance deductables. It is with a very heavy heart that I am posting this announcement. The yearly Post Timmonium AMers party is cancelled this year.
Due to situations beyond my control I have to cancel it for this year. I will miss it as much as you all will, but I just cant make it happen this year.

I love you all and will miss seeing you this year, but what must be must be Cry  Cry

However, next year will be a very different story. God willing, and the creek dont rize we will tear it up again next year!! I'll look forward to seeing all youse guys again next year! ! ! ! !

The Slab Bacon

"No is not an answer and failure is not an option!"
W3RSW
Contributing

Rick & "Roosevelt"

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 05:44:12 PM »

Yes, Frank, we'll miss you too.  Hope all is well and turns out ok.

Although you already pretty well announced that it was off about a month ago right after the porch roof collapsed.

I probably won't come to Timonium fester this spring since the major reason was your excellent party.

But as you say, bigger and better than ever and if you need a deck raising crew, I'd love to help out there.

RICK  *W3RSW*
KA8WTK
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 07:14:05 PM »

I'll miss ya Frank and Carrol and all the other miscreants.
You have explained to me how much you enjoy doing the party, but the important thing is for you to get better!

Bill KA8WTK

Bill KA8WTK
K5UJ
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 07:49:25 PM »

Bacon,

I sure hope you get better.  73

Rob

"Not taking crap or giving it is a pretty good lifestyle."--Frank
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 08:28:32 PM »

You deserve a break, in more ways than one. Just show up to the fest this year for a change OM.
KD3CN
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 09:30:28 AM »

What he said!
You deserve a break, in more ways than one. Just show up to the fest this year for a change OM.

It's good to get together in person at least once a year.  Hope to see you and Carol when you're feeling good and no longer hunkered down.  Maybe we can even talk you guys into coming up for a future AMer breakfast..

Karl
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 09:45:25 AM »

As others have stated Frank, you and Carol have gone above and beyond for years in providing this party as an opportunity for a bunch of radio nuts to come hang around at your place, eat your food, play with your radios, stink up your basement, etc. You've both spent far too much time and effort on this, and if/when you decide to give it another go later, please offload some of it onto those who attend. As Steve sez, it would actually be GREAT to see you at the 'fest for a change, and that should include future 'fests as well.

As an aside, I've enjoyed every visit to your place, and would really like to make sure that continues, which means you gotta take care of your badass self. A break from some of this, regardless of how long, can only help with that.

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 11:34:42 AM »

Frank,
Everyone certainly understands.  What you have given over the years through your generosity is beyond words.  You and Carol have gone way beyond doing your part for many years now.  Its time to catch your breath and take a long deserved break.  When your up to it, come up for a visit to GMS Radio!  Your welcome up here anytime.
Joe, W3GMS   

Simplicity is the Elegance of Design---W3GMS
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2010, 07:47:25 PM »

Rick said:
Although you already pretty well announced that it was off about a month ago right after the porch roof collapsed.

I probably won't come to Timonium fester this spring since the major reason was your excellent party.

I must have missed that about the porch collapsing however, I did see that you were unable to host it. Well you and the Mrs. deserve a break, (I'm sure the neighbors are breathing a sigh of relief also ;>). I'm not going to make Timonium. The level of the fest has reached new lows. If it wasn't for Phraternity at Phranks, I would not go, (hence why I'm not attending this year). I'm looking to spoil for a private fest somewhere though.

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
wa2dtw

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2010, 08:47:42 AM »

Wishing you the very best, Frank.
Looking forward to next year!
Steve WA2DTW
W1RC
Contributing

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2010, 11:00:17 PM »

It is with a very heavy heart that I am posting this announcement. The yearly Post Timmonium AMers party is cancelled this year.  Due to situations beyond my control I have to cancel it for this year. I will miss it as much as you all will, but I just cant make it happen this year.

Frank:

Although I have never made it to one of your pfarties I know they were memorable events not to be forgotten.  You have been so giving of your hospitality for so long that it is time to kick back for a while and enjoy the hospitality of others.  Perhaps you and Carol could join us at Deerfield NH this coming April 30th and May 1st for NEAR-Fest VII.  If you can make it just let me know and you will come as our guest.

73, Mister Mike, W1RC

"It is a good thing we don't get the government we pay for."  Will Rogers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015