The AM Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:05:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FT-901 Memory/VFO questions...  (Read 2437 times)
wb4iuy
PW in NC

My Contest Station

« on: February 14, 2010, 11:02:07 PM »

- Does anyone have a junker 901 with a working memory module? I'm searching for one, my radio has never had one in it since I bought the rig used in '91.

- Next, I have a FV-101DM external VFO connected to the rig. It only comes "on" (lights up) when the mic is keyed. Is this correct? I'm wondering if this VFO has a problem, or if I have something set incorrectly. It never seems to supply a VFO signal, no matter what I do. Since it came without a manual or schematic, I'm a bit in the dark. Is there an online copy of the schematic and service/user manual somewhere I can use to check it out?

WQ9E

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 07:57:11 AM »

Dave,

The setting of the VFO control buttons on the FT-901 itself is a bit counter intuitive.  I have the FV-901 (and a second one which works the same way with my FT-101ZD) and I assume the FV-101 operation must be very similar.

On the FV-101 push in the VFO button.  On the FT-901 push in the EXT button and then the MR button for external VFO transceive.  To select external control for just receive (or transmit) push in either rRX MR or TX MR on the FT-901.  Basically, it treats the external VFO as memory.

You should be able to find the manual on the Fox Tango website.

Rodger WQ9E
wb4iuy
PW in NC

My Contest Station

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 08:53:44 AM »

You should be able to find the manual on the Fox Tango website.

Good info. ALso, thanks ofr the infon on the FT site, they had te complete manual on the VFO. I had one for the rig, but I bought the VFO many years ago at a fest with no paperwork.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015