The AM Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:32:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: alright you bunch of nimrods, it's Valentines Day  (Read 2967 times)
N3DRB The Derb
« on: February 14, 2010, 10:20:37 AM »

God help you if you forgot. better make up something on the fly real quick.  Grin

For those of you who didn't forget, what you and yer hunny gonna do? Me and Glo are going to the racetrack buffet for the Fine Business OM Sunday brunch they have. then some creative shopping.  Wink
W1QWT

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 10:47:25 AM »

what you and yer hunny gonna do

Well I told the missus of 38 years this spring to go out and buy herself some flowers. I even gave her the money!
But............. Yesterday I surprised her with a personal valentine printed in the local newspaper so I'm off the hook.
Q

Regards, Q, W1QWT
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 11:19:20 AM »

I took the spouse and the harmonic out for dinner. I always thought this another one of those days us chauvinistic pigs get screwed. Like anniversaries and valentines day, they are always laid on for the women folk. Shocked

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
WQ9E

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 11:54:04 AM »

Mike,

I hereby nominate you to head up the committee to institute "Heavy Metal" day.

For the metal heads, their female friend can buy them MP3 downloads.

For the gear heads, auto accessories.

For the old iron farm enthusiasts, a vintage tractor.

And last but not least: For the vintage gear enthusiasts, we all know what we want!

Here's to a healthy future for the guy's dream of a real guy holiday and wishing everybody a Happy Heavy Metal day for the future.

Rodger WQ9E
W3RSW
Contributing

Rick & "Roosevelt"

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 01:52:48 PM »

Well Mikey, only three days?

On all the others you can wash your clothes/put them away in your drawers, wash and wax the floors, cook and clean up after most of the dinners, buy your own clothes, pay the bills, try & cry fixin' stuff when your off to festers, worry about you on icy roads, civily entertain the guests, excuse your mental and bodily excesses in front of same, quietly hold back her thoughts about the latest anchor....  Grin

The list is endless and doesn't even include harmonic duty if they're still young... or even cleaning up after the beasts and "lending" them money if they're not young.
...  and she may be even holding a job outside of your house.

Remember that Digger O'Dell and the Buick dealer both say that their biggest, no questions, asked sales are to divorcees and new widows.

RICK  *W3RSW*
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 02:22:33 PM »

Rick said:
On all the others you can wash your clothes/put them away in your drawers, wash and wax the floors, cook and clean up after most of the dinners, buy your own clothes, pay the bills, try & cry fixin' stuff when your off to festers, worry about you on icy roads, civily entertain the guests, excuse your mental and bodily excesses in front of same, quietly hold back her thoughts about the latest anchor

I already do all that crap!  Wink  Heh, heh. I'm waiting for the chance to kick the harmonic out once college is through but his mother won't let me.

Rodger said:
Insert Quote
Mike,

I hereby nominate you to head up the committee to institute "Heavy Metal" day.

For the metal heads, their female friend can buy them MP3 downloads.

For the gear heads, auto accessories.

For the old iron farm enthusiasts, a vintage tractor.

And last but not least: For the vintage gear enthusiasts, we all know what we want!

Here's to a healthy future for the guy's dream of a real guy holiday and wishing everybody a Happy Heavy Metal day for the future.

Damn straight Rodger! I'll take that on and pursue Congress to enact a day commemorating it.......wait, I guess you would want that in our lifetime??? Undecided

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
W2JTD

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 07:00:46 PM »

smooth Q.
Wish I thought of that one.
The only thing that tops that is skywriting.

Moe: Where were you born? Curly: Lake Winnipesaukee. Moe: How do you spell that? Curly: W-O... woof! Make it Lake Erie. I got an Uncle there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015