The AM Forum
April 29, 2024, 04:27:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Handbooks & Technical manuals on-line!  (Read 3456 times)
WA1HZK

« on: December 25, 2009, 10:38:31 AM »

Technical Book Downloads:
http://www.pmillett.com/tecnical_books_online.htm

I just stumbled across this resourse and figured you guys could use this.
We should post this site in the technical sections also.
Keith
WA1HZK

AM is Not A Hobby - It's a "Way of Life"!
Timmy, Sometime in 2007 on a Mountain Far Away..
www.criticalradio.com
www.criticalbattery.com
www.criticaltowers.com
www.criticalresponder.com
Official Registered "Old Buzzard"
KC4VWU

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2009, 10:53:02 AM »

I wanted to download the handbooks and everytime I tried, it locked my stuff up.
w1vtp

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2009, 08:32:01 PM »

I wanted to download the handbooks and everytime I tried, it locked my stuff up.

Some of those PDF files are HUGE.  For some reason, my browser freaks out when I try to download these size PDF files.  If you have the newer browsers (Firefox or IE 7) right click and open in a new tab.  Then just walk away or do something else.  Excellent web site

Al
WQ9E

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2009, 08:42:43 PM »

With these large PDF files, it is best to right click on the filename and save the file rather than let them open in the browser.  At least this works much better for me; I use Firefox and it keeps you informed of the download/save progress when you use this method.

Rodger WQ9E

Rodger WQ9E
WD5JKO

WD5JKO

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009, 09:39:23 AM »

I share the joy seeing Peter's website with all the neat stuff free to download. Notice that there is ARRL content there also. Peter at his website goes into the copyright issue, and how most vintage content becomes public domain after 28 years. Everything Peter  has posted has expired copyrights.

I will caution those who are excited about all this neat stuff, that both the ARRL, and the moderators of this forum treat copyrights as never expiring, and therefore you cannot use any of that old content and post here on the AM Forum. The rules and regulations on the AM Forum are clear:

http://amfone.net/Amforum/index.php?topic=11486.0

"You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum."

I somewhat innocently stepped into this issue with my post in the QSO section, "The W2EWL Special". Keep this in mind if you want to share some old content here on this forum.

Jim
WD5JKO

KX5JT
Contributing

John-O-Phonic

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2009, 10:26:26 AM »

But what about posting links... that's not really posting the material here.... hmmm

AMI#1684
KC4VWU

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2009, 02:00:27 PM »

Got 'em! I guess I was just too impatient trying to read and download at the same time. Thanks guys!

Phil
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015