The AM Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:12:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forcible blood draws (I got to vent)  (Read 24672 times)
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2009, 02:28:47 PM »

Yep, those dogmatic, fanatics who had a single-minded focus on liberty and freedom in 1776 sure screwed things up. We definitely don't want or need people like that now. It's better to be relativistic and muddle things up rather than be clear and concise. This way no one is right or wrong. Instead we're all right and all wrong. Stand for nothing and fall for anything. This sort of brain dead approach just allows the government to continue to increase its power and we the people continue to get screwed.

W9GT

Nipper - Manager of K9 Affairs

« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2009, 02:45:43 PM »

Yep, those dogmatic, fanatics who had a single-minded focus on liberty and freedom in 1776 sure screwed things up. We definitely don't want or need people like that now. It's better to be relativistic and muddle things up rather than be clear and concise. This way no one is right or wrong. Instead we're all right and all wrong. Stand for nothing and fall for anything. This sort of brain dead approach just allows the government to continue to increase its power and we the people continue to get screwed.

Right on Steve!  Just ignore the man behind the curtain.  Everything's wonderful!  Roll Eyes

Tubes and Black Wrinkle Rule!!
73, Jack, W9GT
ka3zlr
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2009, 02:54:18 PM »

They had neither the Population the Infrastructure or Social enigmas present today so Idealism was the course of action. There is a paragraph in those documents that states if a certain set of circumstances arises shows itself in Government which it has Three times that I can think of it is the responsibility of the citizenry to step forward and break up this activity....Nobody moved a finger...Anyone can enjoy the Libertarian's view I did matter of fact most of my life I like to share those ideals with others..but see it's all in the teaching of the young and what follows.

and the willingness to step forward and nobody earning over 5 figures is going to do that.

Jack.

Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2009, 03:02:22 PM »

Huh? Please explain how population or infrastructure has anything to do with pursuing a course of freedom or following the Constitution.
KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2009, 03:22:48 PM »

Happy Birthday US Constitution !

http://constitutioncenter.org/ncc_progs_Constitution_Day.aspx

What? Me worry?
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2009, 03:49:44 PM »

The second greatest story ever told.
ka3zlr
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2009, 04:49:09 PM »

OK Stevie I go one more with ya if ya want, No disrespect is meant here.

Very good on the generalities, Freedom and the Constitution, Cheesy where's Liberty...again no disrespect..

I've always noticed that population growth and the size of the Machine it creates has a Direct contrast on the lives across any country Freedom does not come without responsibility and the Constitution is a Ghost people fall back on to Justify a position.

The Libertarians Dream is the Individual, Nothing should act on that..this country is just about out of room for this course of action. Now what..?

Jack.

W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2009, 05:19:52 PM »

Resistance if futile. 
You will be assimilated.

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT.
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2009, 05:22:28 PM »

So, if I get you correctly, Iran has more freedom than we do? After all, they only have 65 million people and we have 300 million.

Very good on the generalities, Freedom and the Constitution, Cheesy where's Liberty...again no disrespect..

I've always noticed that population growth and the size of the Machine it creates has a Direct contrast on the lives across any country Freedom does not come without responsibility and the Constitution is a Ghost people fall back on to Justify a position.

The Libertarians Dream is the Individual, Nothing should act on that..this country is just about out of room for this course of action. Now what..?

Jack.

ka3zlr
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2009, 05:28:02 PM »

Resistance if futile. 
You will be assimilated.

LOL I hear ya...maybe that's what I need Bob...They won't let me have a beer yet..Hows the machine.?

ka3zlr
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2009, 07:17:39 PM »

So, if I get you correctly, Iran has more freedom than we do? After all, they only have 65 million people and we have 300 million.

Jack.

They have what they choose, and they're going through the same thing we had with Bush and his Brother....Control....

Jack.

WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2009, 08:37:51 PM »

It doesn't matter how many people we have. Had the truth of individual liberty been taught thruout our recent history we wouldn't be chatting about this. It was revived a bit in the mid 80's and it started the longest growth in jobs and the economy since the end of WW2. Unfortunatly the lack of education (read dumbing down) kicked in and here we are.

k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2009, 10:02:11 PM »

The American revolutionaries did not start out with a single minded focus on  liberty and freedom.  There was plenty of dissension within their ranks. The one thing they were single minded about was that they were pissed off at King George and the corrupt, ass-licking regime.  Taxation without representation.  At the beginning of the unrest, they had not considered declaring independence, but were standing up for their rights as guaranteed by the Crown to loyal British subjects, that they felt were being illegally denied to them.  It was only later that they finally realised that their cause was hopeless and that the only solution would be to sever ties entirely from the Mother Country.  Our Revolution would have been easily put down and would now be only a footnote in history if the Crown had not had other cats to whip at the time and France had not come to our aid. 

On the home front, after the Declaration, only about a third of our population was pro-independence.  Another third were loyalists.  The remaining third just wanted to go on about their daily business and didn't care.

Our success in our Revolution was but a simple twist of fate.  The French didn't quite make out so well with theirs, even though theirs was inspired by the success of ours.  One of the events that triggered the French Revolution was that King Louis had bankrupted the country helping us out. But don't think for a moment that the French had any altruistic motive in sending  La Fayette & Co to help us in our bid for independence.  They were mainly interested in one more punch that they could land on their arch enemy, Britain, to deprive her of her American colonies, and decided to take the fullest advantage of the situation.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2009, 10:27:34 PM »

Right. By your standards they were fanatics out of step with the main stream and therefore dangerous. Hmmmm.

And our founders did start out with a dogmatic focus on freedom, liberty and rights. That was what the whole thing regarding taxation and representation was about and it was all in the construct of being English citizens. Later, they argued about how to achieve it but not the principles themselves.

There was little in common between our revolution and the French revolution. They were focused on killing of the rich, not building a new and free country. They had no real ideals or guiding principles. Thus it failed, as has most every other revenge based "revolution." Some just take a little longer than others.

The American revolutionaries did not start out with a single minded focus on  liberty and freedom.  There was plenty of dissension within their ranks. The one thing they were single minded about was that they were pissed off at King George and the corrupt, ass-licking regime.  Taxation without representation.  At the beginning of the unrest, they had not considered declaring independence, but were standing up for their rights as guaranteed by the Crown to loyal British subjects, that they felt were being illegally denied to them.  It was only later that they finally realised that their cause was hopeless and that the only solution would be to sever ties entirely from the Mother Country.  Our Revolution would have been easily put down and would now be only a footnote in history if the Crown had not had other cats to whip at the time and France had not come to our aid. 

On the home front, after the Declaration, only about a third of our population was pro-independence.  Another third were loyalists.  The remaining third just wanted to go on about their daily business and didn't care.

Our success in our Revolution was but a simple twist of fate.  The French didn't quite make out so well with theirs, even though theirs was inspired by the success of ours.  One of the events that triggered the French Revolution was that King Louis had bankrupted the country helping us out. But don't think for a moment that the French had any altruistic motive in sending  La Fayette & Co to help us in our bid for independence.  They were mainly interested in one more punch that they could land on their arch enemy, Britain, to deprive her of her American colonies, and decided to take the fullest advantage of the situation.
K9PNP

« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2009, 01:55:12 PM »

I can tell you from the street medic point of view that starting an IV line on a combative patient, which is almost the same technique as blood draws, is not an easy thing.  You take a grossly intoxicated/high/hypoglycemic combative patient and you had better have a LOT of help.  As far as DUI drivers, I have seen enough of their results not to shed too many tears for bad [for them] legal results against them.  I do, hovever, worry about the little-by-little erosion of the original constitutional rights.  Let's face it, a lot of the media is anti-gun and could care less if the second amendment is there.  But, the same group does not realize that if one right goes, theirs [as in first amendment] could be next.

73,  Mitch

Since 1958. There still is nothing like tubes to keep your coffee warm in the shack.

Vulcan Theory of Troubleshooting:  Once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015