The AM Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:07:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Testing, anyone?  (Read 10193 times)
VE3GZB

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2009, 09:43:09 PM »

I completed another round of tests this evening for 1/2 hour, same frequency and same time as last night.

This time I transmitted "Testing VE3GZB" in Morse, then continued with "S" in Morse (I was reading it off a page from an old book so it was rather clumsy).

I made last minute modifications to the antenna tuner (had some varicap flashover last night, I got back from picking up my stepson and then replaced the offending varicap with one that was beefier, just in time for 9 pm).

Did anyone receive the signals?
73s
geo
VE3GZB
KD6VXI
Contributing

Making AM GREAT Again!

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2009, 10:10:29 PM »

I completed another round of tests this evening for 1/2 hour, same frequency and same time as last night.

This time I transmitted "Testing VE3GZB" in Morse, then continued with "S" in Morse (I was reading it off a page from an old book so it was rather clumsy).

I made last minute modifications to the antenna tuner (had some varicap flashover last night, I got back from picking up my stepson and then replaced the offending varicap with one that was beefier, just in time for 9 pm).

Did anyone receive the signals?
73s
geo
VE3GZB

www.smeter.net

Your friend.

--Shane
VE3GZB

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2009, 10:17:13 PM »

I'll try again tomorrow night, same frequency, same time!

73s
geo
VE3GZB

PS: How does this smeter.net work? It all seems to require some PDA or cell phone? (I own none of those leashes). Does it somehow tie into other people's radios?
VE3GZB

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2009, 04:12:26 PM »

Apparently VE3WXB in Ottawa received my signal last night and gave 578 report! Smiley Cool!

I've made modifications to the tuner (beefier varicaps now) and made it possible to switch between two different transmitting loops. My receiving antenna is now independent (horizontally stretched out clothesline, I pulled down the non-functioning loaded dipole).

I'll be testing again Tuesday night 10:30 pm EST (Toronto time) at 3560 and my receiver will monitor 3700 for any AM/SSB feedback.

73s
geo
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015