The AM Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:23:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anniversary !  (Read 20629 times)
The Slab Bacon

« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2009, 08:31:48 AM »

Rickster....we already done did that...you know how the forum is, sooner or later it drifts off subject and your either a right fielder or a left fielder...or the mostest by far First Baseman  Grin..now your not going ShortStop on us....oh my lol....
Jack.

Jack,
       Apparently you've never been in a long running AM QSO Grin  Grin they all drift off of the original "topic of discussion" and you NEVER know where they might just end up. Why should we be any different here! ! All it takes is the right comment at the perfect time to throw the whole QSO into the toilet Grin  Grin Been there done that Wink

Break-in is the way to go!! As most operators are "rotationally challenged" which means too lazy to write everyone's call down in order. Henceforth we go to break-in and the comments fly, and you never know where the QSO is going or will end up.  Shocked  Wink

The Slab Bacon

"No is not an answer and failure is not an option!"
ka3zlr
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2009, 11:27:20 AM »

No it Ain't,...you only have to write a call down once, Laziness is an individual thing to be avoided,... But..Misery loves company I guess...lol Cheesy

Where does it cover This "Break in" in the Manual..See this is one of those Things that lead to the Laxity on air that some think or perceive as proper operation....I don't Operate like that Do I. No you don't know because I don't Take Part.

Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2009, 11:59:12 AM »

Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips sealed Undecided Kiss Cry Kiss Undecided Lips sealed Tongue Embarrassed Roll Eyes Huh Cool Shocked Sad Angry Grin Cheesy Wink Smiley Huh Huh Huh Huh
ka3zlr
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2009, 09:04:44 PM »

Chemo's over in two weeks I get to re "Break In" This:

An it's been a Long Summer.... Tongue....Yea Baby... Cool

1950 cc's an No Radiator....

* meter 005.jpg (1143.72 KB, 3072x2304 - viewed 384 times.)

* meter 006.jpg (1129.44 KB, 3072x2304 - viewed 380 times.)
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2009, 10:49:09 PM »

NICE!
W3RSW
Contributing

Rick & "Roosevelt"

« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2009, 12:14:25 PM »

Insert Quote
Hey Rick, where the heck have you been. We don't hear you on the air for ages and you disappeared from here too. Are you wanted by the law?
Steve, et. al. in the AM world of real radio.

Seems I've been just about everwhere but on the air this summer.  Mandatory family wedding out west in Colorado, tour of all the Utah canyons afterwards; acutually floated in the Great Salt Lake.  Then a long list of family and visitors here in WVa.  Don't know where the summer went. 

The Salt Lake is nothing like I imagined.  First I had to walk over salt laden, rocky 'beach' for a mile before reaching the water, then scatter zillions of flea like bugs that covered the water in waves, then swim along with more zillions of brine shrimp that looked and felt exactly like mosquito larvae.   Uuhhg.
Anyway, you know how in normal water, including the ocean, your feet sink?  Well, in Salt Lake you couldn't keep them down.  They just popped right up.   Hmmmm. 

Also 3733's been kind of wiped out at my distance from y'all all summer, along with continuous storms and static.  But, hey, couple of nights ago I listend to ZRF's fine signal along with more melodious female voice in background.  Fall's looking promising.

I'll fire up the 813's later today.

* 26 R floating on gsl.jpg (520.21 KB, 3264x2448 - viewed 395 times.)

RICK  *W3RSW*
ka3zlr
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2009, 12:27:26 PM »

Well the Vertical Fin looks in Proper Operational Condition...LOL

Glad yer Back OM ..... Smiley

Jack.

Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2009, 02:17:52 PM »

I've been on 3733 very little myself. The band is not good for much that time of day. Add in static and it's toast. Dave and I were on there last weekend, but I could hear Dave probably any time of the day.

Looks like you've been having a FB summer. Catch you on the radio in the coming months.

Insert Quote
Hey Rick, where the heck have you been. We don't hear you on the air for ages and you disappeared from here too. Are you wanted by the law?
Steve, et. al. in the AM world of real radio.

Seems I've been just about everwhere but on the air this summer.  Mandatory family wedding out west in Colorado, tour of all the Utah canyons afterwards; acutually floated in the Great Salt Lake.  Then a long list of family and visitors here in WVa.  Don't know where the summer went. 

The Salt Lake is nothing like I imagined.  First I had to walk over salt laden, rocky 'beach' for a mile before reaching the water, then scatter zillions of flea like bugs that covered the water in waves, then swim along with more zillions of brine shrimp that looked and felt exactly like mosquito larvae.   Uuhhg.
Anyway, you know how in normal water, including the ocean, your feet sink?  Well, in Salt Lake you couldn't keep them down.  They just popped right up.   Hmmmm. 

Also 3733's been kind of wiped out at my distance from y'all all summer, along with continuous storms and static.  But, hey, couple of nights ago I listend to ZRF's fine signal along with more melodious female voice in background.  Fall's looking promising.

I'll fire up the 813's later today.
W1DAN
Contributing

« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2009, 06:33:21 PM »

Happy Anniversary Paul.

You add spice to the radio bands...

Dan
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015