The AM Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:40:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: specs on UTC CG-103 choke  (Read 3957 times)
wa2ujx
Contributing

« on: May 31, 2009, 01:59:11 PM »

I have a UTC CG-103 choke and I can't find any data on the specifications for this piece of iron. Can anyone identify this unit for me? Thanks Carl J. Verderber WA2UJX
KE6DF

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 02:10:50 PM »

It's a swinging choke 5-25 Hy 250ma CCS

Attached is a page on the CG stuff from a 1949 catalog.

* UTC49-CG-Stuff.pdf (125.67 KB - downloaded 946 times.)

Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 06:38:21 PM »

The entire catalog from which that page came, as well as many others, can be found here:

http://www.bunkerofdoom.com/xfm/index.html
I do not recall if someone sent that to me or it was a scan, but no matter.  - not all such resources will be there forever, so get them in full while possible -that is the point.

In cases like the above where the data is "page by page" it can be a pain to copy, but for sites that use that method, a free program called HTTRACK is great for D/L the entire catalog, or the entire directory and all resources within it.

Other sites with similarly useful resources are:

Tom Bavis http://www.audiophool.cjb.net/
Pete Millett: http://www.pmillett.com  (Just noticed several new amperex catalogs there)
Ed Zeranski KG6UTS - -not sure his site.. ?
There is one more - the URL escapes me - but he has also alot of good stuff  and it is watermarked.

I'm sure I am missing some other sites as well -but they have been mentioned on this BBS.
Can others chime in with any resources they know of?

Anyway, most sites with like publications let you snatch them for free, so it's always good to periodically check them for new stuff to add to your personal library. It should not take too much space, maybe 300-400GB for everything out there.

Webmasters: If you operate a site that provides free info, - try to arrange a mirroring permission with other webmasters - so the data is kept in more than one place - disaster tolerance. Anyone is welcome to mirror my catalogs with attribution (since some were provided by others) as long as access and downloads are free.

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 02:36:31 AM »

The more digital storage on the widest possible variety of websites, the better.  The acid paper is slowly turning those old paper catalogues and magazines to dust.

The 1930's RADIO mags that were still in near mint condition when I acquired them in the 60's, have now noticeably yellowed as they have doubled in age.

Because of the near-universal conversion to cheap paper made from wood pulp once the process was developed, much of the human knowledge accumulated during the 20th century is about to be lost unless efforts are quickly made to preserve it. This loss may be more significant than the burning of the Alexandria Library.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 12:36:03 AM »

Some of the people with the larger book-sites proclaim they will scan and post what you send them. It may take a while.. It just has to be done before we all die and/or the stuff turns to dust. Once it's out there and free, especially free to download and share without watermarks and prices and restrictions, it will live on. It is our collective job to try to make it happen but we can't save everything.

Have you considered looking up someone like Pete Millett and asking him if he will take those mags and scan them? It is a one-way trip since the bindings have to be removed, but once it's online, it will have a new life.

I, too, am looking at my aging library. Many books on steam plant engineering and some locomotive design as well as the usual electronica.

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
W7TFO
WTF-OVER in 7 land Dennis
Contributing

IN A TRIODE NO ONE CAN HEAR YOUR SCREEN

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 02:08:40 AM »

"The 1930's RADIO mags that were still in near mint condition when I acquired them in the 60's, have now noticeably yellowed as they have doubled in age."

Well, not to mention a lot of us as well Wink

Just pacing the Farady cage...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015