The AM Forum
May 01, 2024, 12:46:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hammarlund "Super Pro" value and desirability?  (Read 21151 times)
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2009, 09:18:20 PM »

on the crackle, use GOJO hand cleaner ( the white stuff)

GOJO!

Back in 1968 I worked part time at an auto parts store after school. There was a counter guy there named "Tiny" and he was an absolute wise-guy.  He weighed about 300 pounds and took no crap from customers.

There was a customer who came in every few days to buy one of those large tubs of white creme GOJO hand cleaner. Tiny finally couldn't take it any more and said to the guy, "Whad'ya ya do with this stuff, heat it up, spin it and stick your d**k in it?"    The guy looked shocked, then got pissed and left. He never came back.... Grin Grin   Tiny almost lost his job over it.

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
WA1GFZ

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2009, 09:40:10 PM »

Gee was this Tiny the guy who worked in the speed parts store on the pike?
ski_fast
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2009, 03:33:15 PM »

I took a closer look at it yesterday.  Not as mint as I remembered.  They had more light in the basement.  It had been rack mounted at some point.  It did have the external power supply.  I didn't want to mess with it and it sold for about $120.  Thanks for all your info....
W1GFH
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2009, 04:29:43 PM »

I took a closer look at it yesterday.  Not as mint as I remembered.  They had more light in the basement.  It had been rack mounted at some point.  It did have the external power supply.  I didn't want to mess with it and it sold for about $120.  Thanks for all your info....

What?? The rack-mounted, external PS version???...you mean the extremely rare 007-OSS model designed to be dropped by parachute behind enemy lines during WWII...?? You let it go for $120?!? One just like it sold for $1.5M USD at Christie's in  London!!! (I think Joe Walsh bought it) Woah, tough luck! Smiley

WU2D
Contributing

CW is just a narrower version of AM

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2009, 10:14:39 PM »

My SuperPro came without a power supply and I wanted to get it operational FAST so I went down to the ESS store here in Manchester NH which has racks of old test equipment and looked for something that might have an appropriate transformer. I found a Ballantine RMS voltmeter, a big old rack mount unit and gave Pete 10 bucks for it. I simply took it apart, stripped parts and added a few components and presto - instant power supply. Of course that was 4 years ago and I never got around to making a real supply and it has not exploded yet so...there it sits.

Mike WU2D   

* The Beast.jpg (393.3 KB, 2304x1728 - viewed 540 times.)

* UglySP_PS.jpg (203.27 KB, 1602x1194 - viewed 531 times.)

These are the good old days of AM
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015