The AM Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:56:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: XM & Music Choice  (Read 2232 times)
WB2YGF
« on: April 06, 2009, 11:04:55 PM »

OK, since the price went up for the second XM receiver, I told XM where they could stick their price increase and dropped the second receiver.  Moreover they cut off my online access.  They want me to pay $3/month additional for online access.  I told them where they could stick that too.  I understand XM needs more money but pissing people off by taking features away is not the way to do it.

Which brings me to my second point.  FWIW, I just discovered that Music Choice offers free online access to their music for cable customers. 

http://broadband.musicchoice.com/mcbroadband/mso/player/portal.asp

Simply use the same login as your online cable account access.  They also have some streaming video channels which I don't get on cable.  (XM doesn't have any streaming video channels.)  I know there is other free music on the Internet, but if you have a favorite Music Choice channel (like I do), it's nice to have it available online for free.
flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 11:19:23 AM »

Good point John,
You now have me thinking about my XM prescription. I'll look over my charges and make a decision. I rarely listen anymore. Long family trips are an advantage for having XM, BUT my Honda Element has MP3 capability. And the less I listen to XM the more I hear the degraded audio quality, compared to F.M. radio or MP3's.
Took me a while to listen closer. What others were saying about the audio seems to be true.

Fred

Fred KC4MOP
KD3CN
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 12:50:53 PM »

They told me that to re-up at the same price this year I would have to commit early (months before it expires).

Already pushing their wait around after merging with the competition...

Their new monopoly won't be making any money off of me...

Bye Bye XM, I'm going back to the on the am car radio.   Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015