The AM Forum
April 28, 2024, 08:15:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This is WAY BEYOND criminal  (Read 5202 times)
KA1ZGC
« on: March 17, 2009, 02:56:46 PM »

There are healthy ways to show your dissent, there are unhealthy ways to show your dissent.

Then, there are those very special instances where people prove conclusively that they simply don't deserve to draw another breath on this Earth:

http://wpln.org/newstranscripts/?p=3608

I don't care how you feel about current events, this IS NOT the way to deal with those feelings!

--Thom
p.s. I would consider "cruel and unusual punishment" to be perfectly acceptible in this case, as the very act itself defines "cruel and unusual punishment".
p.p.s. Too bad keelhauling is no longer in vogue.
David, K3TUE
Per-spiring AM'er
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 03:08:13 PM »

There are healthy ways to show your dissent, there are unhealthy ways to show your dissent.

This is not a protest, this is a sick prank.

David, K3TUE
KA1ZGC
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 03:18:06 PM »

This is not a protest, this is a sick prank.

I agree, but there's an apologist in every crowd, and I just wanted them to think about it before saying something stupid like "they're just protesting".
W1UJR
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 03:42:23 PM »

Once caught, those sick folks need to spend some time in a military hospital, helping vets recovering from their wounds.
Might do them a world of good to see how patriots live.

Reminds me of the kids who vandalized a military cemetery a few years back.
The judge sentenced them to watch "Saving Private Ryan", and write a report about it later.

Far too often "higher education" in this country is simply "higher indoctrination".
Unfortunately young folks don't often perceive this until later in life, and hence end up parroting the behavior they have been taught.
Those entrusted with young minds have a solemn duty to teach, not to warp.
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 06:45:22 PM »

I remember reading that story in the local newspaper.  Ft. Campbell is literally within shouting distance from here.  Sick.

Then there were those anti-gay fanatics from Kansas who applauded US war casualties in Iraq, claiming this was God's punishment to the country for tolerating homosexuality, and who protested in front of the main gate as funeral processions made their way to the military cemetery a few miles north of the base, with signs reading "Thank God for Dead Soldiers".

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
Ed/KB1HYS
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 09:45:11 PM »

Shoot those ba$tards...

you have no idea what it's like when that crappy green K-car drove slowly through the block looking for a specific address.

The collective sigh when it didn't go to your house

The guilt about feeling better when it when to your buddies...

They pulled similar crap during the Vietnam war too, on a larger scale, folks getting letters saying how people were glad thier soldier had been killed and other idiotic trash.

No punishment they could get would really be suitable.

73 de Ed/KB1HYS
Happiness is Hot Tubes, Cold 807's, and warm room filling AM Sound.
 "I've spent three quarters of my life trying to figure out how to do a $50 job for $.50, the rest I spent trying to come up with the $0.50" - D. Gingery
W7SOE
Contributing

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 10:25:10 PM »

Sick.
W3NP
Contributing

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 10:39:13 PM »

Then there were those anti-gay fanatics from Kansas who applauded US war casualties in Iraq, claiming this was God's punishment to the country for tolerating homosexuality, and who protested in front of the main gate as funeral processions made their way to the military cemetery a few miles north of the base, with signs reading "Thank God for Dead Soldiers".

As a member of the color guard for our local chapter of the Vietnam Veterans of America, I witnessed that sick twisted group down in Wash DC when we marched in the parade to commemorate the 25th anniversary of "The Wall" in Nov of 2007. They were set up right as the parade turned onto Pennsylvania Ave. with their "Thank God for dead soldiers" signs. Even had little kids in with them. Needless to say, with about a 1/4 million Viet Vets present, they had a HUGE contingent of DC police protecting them. And they were not allowed down at The Wall itself- the police felt it wouldn't be a good idea concerning their safety!!

---Dave  W3NP
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2009, 01:29:23 PM »

Nah. Let them protest. It's good for people to see just who these people are and what they stand for. The dangerous ones are those who feel that way but act on it in much more devious and destructive ways behind the scenes.
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2009, 01:05:57 AM »

"pranksters" like that need a good ol' southern ass-whuppin to get their heads right. Not legal either, but would be only a mild introduction to the remainder of the unspeakable punishment they really deserve. Where is my old friend Vlad Tepes when I need him?

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015