The AM Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:33:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whatever Happened to the Internet Receiver Circa 2002-3  (Read 4245 times)
KB3DKS

« on: March 13, 2009, 08:24:20 PM »

Back when I had my QTH in PA there was an internet receiver console that you could access in realtime and tune to a frequency untill someone else retuned it.
 I used it a couple times late night to see if I was getting out and check my audio.
 There was maybe a 5+ second delay and bandwith was somewhat limited but it was very handy.
 I believe it was located in NJ or eastern NY as I had no trouble being received clearly.

It probably became a liability once it became well known.

Is there anything similiar around that is near real time and internet accessable like these online webcams. Would still be a good test tool.

Bill KB3DKS in 1 Land
kb3ouk

The Voice of Fulton County

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 08:58:39 PM »

Try globaltuners.com, they have receivers all over the world on there. You have to register to use them though.
Shelby KB3OUK

Clarke's Second Law: The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is by venturing a little past them into the impossible
WA9UDW

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 09:32:39 PM »

Here is a directory of online receivers: http://www.dxzone.com/catalog/Internet_and_Radio/Online_Receivers/

Terry  Smiley
Sam KS2AM
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 11:38:42 PM »

Back when I had my QTH in PA there was an internet receiver console that you could access in realtime and tune to a frequency untill someone else retuned it.
 I used it a couple times late night to see if I was getting out and check my audio.
 There was maybe a 5+ second delay and bandwith was somewhat limited but it was very handy.
 I believe it was located in NJ or eastern NY as I had no trouble being received clearly.

It probably became a liability once it became well known.

Is there anything similiar around that is near real time and internet accessable like these online webcams. Would still be a good test tool.

Bill KB3DKS in 1 Land

Sounds like you are referring to the one that is in the Syracuse area.  It still around and I see from their website that some improvements have been made recently.

http://www.ralabs.com/webradio/

Sam / KS2AM

--- Post No Bills ---
KB3DKS

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 01:12:19 AM »

Sounds like you are referring to the one that is in the Syracuse area.  It still around and I see from their website that some improvements have been made recently.

http://www.ralabs.com/webradio/

Sam / KS2AM

Yep !!,
That's the one !
Thanks Sam !

Bill, KB3DKS in 1 Land
K3ZS

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2009, 10:04:31 AM »

This is a new one based on SDR, you can tune it individually:

http://websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/

I use it to see if I can hear myself in Europe on 20M to check band conditions.   The late night guys could see how they are doing on 40 and 80.
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2009, 04:49:57 PM »

The late night guys could see how they are doing on 40 and 80.

It doesn't cover the right freqs for that. A future version probably will.
K3ZS

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2009, 12:13:59 PM »

You can always use CW to see if you are making it to Europe on the frequencies it does have.
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2009, 06:23:49 PM »

What's CW?   Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015