The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:53:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHO CAN HELP??  (Read 2676 times)
wb1ead
Contributing

« on: March 11, 2009, 06:58:40 PM »

Evening fellas..was wondering if you all could give a hand steering me to where i might find info on a "buzzardly" ol' PA/PHONO amp made by Western Electric..my thought was to restore with an eye towards using as a modulator for rigs like the AT1/Eico/Globe series that require outboard modulation..it's a 50B12 model using this tube lashup..6H6-6J7-6L7-6C8G-6V6(2)-80..would appreciate the schematic most of all..also approx year of manufacture..my guess to output power is something like 15watts based on the presumption that the 6V6's are the AF finals..maybe more??       Thanks guys!!  73 de DAVE

AMer livin in "Moose Country"
KB3DKS

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 07:52:19 PM »

Dave,

I believe what you are looking for is a Webster 50B-12 not Western.
The tube lineup and your description matches.
 The Riders PA info can be found here
http://www.theused.com/manuals/webster/webster_50b-12.pdf

Enjoy!
Bill, KB3DKS in 1 Land
wb1ead
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 08:21:29 PM »

Hi Bill..thank you for the link!!..yes now that i've got some more crud scrapped off the label plate..you are correct!!..a Webster NOT Western Electric..putting on my "cheaters" helps too hi hi..guess the power out was pretty much what i figured..so unless it's a one tuber like a 2E26..better figure on using it screen mod..took a minute and printed off the schematic and pertinent info..in any case will be a good oppertunity to increase my skills in restoration.....again thank you Bill..you are a gentleman and a scholar!!
      Once again i have not been let down by this crew..only hope somehow i can pay back.....73 de DAVE

AMer livin in "Moose Country"
KB3DKS

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 01:50:42 AM »

Glad I could help !

If the thing is in good enough condition to rebuild it probably would make a nice speech amp/driver if the output transformer has good frequency response with the 417 ohm tap. It even has a built in limiter which is rather primitive but has potential.

Have fun !
Bill  KB3DKS in 1 Land
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015