The AM Forum
May 19, 2024, 11:59:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Agilent 8935 E6380A Service Monitor Remote Control?  (Read 3621 times)
W2PHL
Contributing

Phil

« on: February 08, 2009, 10:20:01 AM »

Hi,
       A few months back W3JN posted info on the E6380A. It was great timing for me since I was already looking for something to replace my old Motorola SM.

I bought a E6380A off ebay in November and FEDEX destroyed it. The unit itself is built like a tank but the EL display is quite fragile. If you have one of these guys shipped, make sure the seller knows how to pack! Anyway I was fortunate to get a refund and finally purchase a new (used) E6380A which arrived a few days ago. I took a chance on ebay again (I know, I know) but this time everything is FB.

Thank You W3JN for your post/review! It is a well made piece of test equipment.

The user manual references a remote control feature that requires a piece of software, part number H7295SA. Google turns up very little. It is not available fron Agilent anymore.

I wonder if the software has a GUI or maybe just a command line interface. Does anyone have any info with regard to the remote control capabilities of the E6380A?

-Phil

I think therefore AM
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 01:00:19 PM »

AFAIK the only software available is the screen capture program.  The instrument is HP instrument basic programmable as well as remotely controllable via HPIB.  Lab View or similar should work with the right HPIB interface.

Too bad the other one got destroyed.  You can use a regular NTSC monitor from the video output, though.

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
W2PHL
Contributing

Phil

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 09:44:39 AM »

The H7295sa software is mentioned here: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0EIN/is_1999_Feb_8/ai_53720350

It does not seem to be available anywhere.  Having a remote control application written specifically for the E6380A would be neat to have.

BTW, The video output isn't NTSC. http://www.home.agilent.com/agilent/faqDetail.jspx?cc=US&lc=eng&ckey=1000003135:epsg:faq&nid=-536900811.0.00&id=1000003135:epsg:faq

I tried a few different  monitors and they don't sync properly. I was hoping I could use a small cheapo LCD for a remote display. I might need to get a scaler/scan converter that outputs VGA and then use a computer monitor. If you using  the video out jack, please let me know what kind of monitor you are using. THanks, Phil

I think therefore AM
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015