The AM Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:54:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slab Bacon's post Timmonium AMers Party  (Read 11646 times)
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2009, 02:08:59 AM »

Great...I am much obliged...The thing is Joe...we gotta get the Girls through College...everything Diana have done is to get them through...every nickel and dime I even sold my good analyzer...I'm down to the old HP...with No Tracking Generator...It's killing me...LOL.. Grin but their Butts are Going to School...

If i can convince my sweetie to go for a ride with the OM here we'll be down...we haven't been out on a date since I don't know when...it's been a tuff pull these last few years...

Jack,
       Do you need a signal generator? It won't have a sweep function, but guaranteed to be working, and a "oldie but goody" hollow state job. Let me know, and I'll contact the "Signal Generator Fairy" for you.

Joe Cro N3IBX

Anything that is Breadboarded,Black Crackle, or that squeals when you tune it gives me MAJOR WOOD!
Ed-VA3ES

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2009, 11:15:14 AM »

Heh... a party, eh?    Sigh.....    I'll be there in spirit only... a bit too far to drive in my olde wreck.   Besides, I have a fester in Montreal scheduled for that day.      But I'll be thinking of you all.  Have a blast for me, eh?   

"There ain't a slaw-bukit inna worl, that kin jam me!!"
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2009, 11:20:03 AM »

Ed said:
Besides, I have a fester in Montreal scheduled for that day.

Will the snow have melted by then Ed? I know Montreal gets dosed pretty heavily, (I did a lot of work for Pratt & Whitney years ago). I understand this year is no exception.

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
Ed-VA3ES

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2009, 11:36:47 AM »

By the end of March, most of the snow is gone, and it's starting to warm up.    I like that fester, as it's always well attended and all kinds of goodies show up.  Besides... it's Montreal, with great restaurants and even better Italian bakeries.  I usually bring home lot's of Montreal food that is impossible to find in Ottawa.  Prosaic stuff, like grilled submarine sandwiches,   Montreal style pizza (which is actually a normal pizza which you can't find in Ottawa!!!),  plus lot's of other goodies.  Sigh...  I really miss Montreal food.... Cry

Ed said:
Besides, I have a fester in Montreal scheduled for that day.
Will the snow have melted by then Ed? I know Montreal gets dosed pretty heavily, (I did a lot of work for Pratt & Whitney years ago). I understand this year is no exception.

* pendeli.jpg (247.3 KB, 504x357 - viewed 295 times.)

"There ain't a slaw-bukit inna worl, that kin jam me!!"
ka3zlr
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2009, 11:43:07 AM »

Great...I am much obliged...The thing is Joe...we gotta get the Girls through College...everything Diana have done is to get them through...every nickel and dime I even sold my good analyzer...I'm down to the old HP...with No Tracking Generator...It's killing me...LOL.. Grin but their Butts are Going to School...

If i can convince my sweetie to go for a ride with the OM here we'll be down...we haven't been out on a date since I don't know when...it's been a tuff pull these last few years...

Jack,
       Do you need a signal generator? It won't have a sweep function, but guaranteed to be working, and a "oldie but goody" hollow state job. Let me know, and I'll contact the "Signal Generator Fairy" for you.

No No No Joe we're OK it's OK here.. Thanks a Bunch OM..Um the older analyzer is the type that requires an Outboard Tracking Generator.. Not a Problem I just miss my new one I had...it'll just be nice to get loose and do some visiting.. I'll bet Diana make her German meatballs they're Good Cholesterol builders LOL...yunns guys would like'em...bring them down with us..I'll start working on her today and make mention of the trip an see how she feels about that

Be nice to take a trip an get a break...Girls Might make better Babies when they'll little but boy look out when they're in college...and the Boy gives me no trouble at all...imagine that... Smiley
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2009, 01:50:38 AM »

Jack,

No No No Joe we're OK it's OK here.. Thanks a Bunch OM..Um the older analyzer is the type that requires an Outboard Tracking Generator.. Not a Problem I just miss my new one I had...it'll just be nice to get loose and do some visiting.. I'll bet Diana make her German meatballs they're Good Cholesterol builders LOL...yunns guys would like'em...bring them down with us..I'll start working on her today and make mention of the trip an see how she feels about that

Be nice to take a trip an get a break...Girls Might make better Babies when they'll little but boy look out when they're in college...and the Boy gives me no trouble at all...imagine that... Smiley

Jack,
       FB on everything, particularly the "German meatballs". What are they like? Are they anything like "Sweedish meatballs" with sour cream in them? I can devour copious quantities of the little suckers without even giving them a second thought.

Regarding sig genny's, I still make use of my trusty old URM-25 when the occasion arises. I've had it for as long as I can remember, and I'll probably go to my grave with it.

Looking forward to (hopefully) seeing you at Frank's Pharty!
                                                                                Joe Cro N3IBX 

Joe Cro N3IBX

Anything that is Breadboarded,Black Crackle, or that squeals when you tune it gives me MAJOR WOOD!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015