The AM Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:41:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Laura L. Smith Named to Amateur Radio Enforcement Role  (Read 15813 times)
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2009, 11:05:17 AM »

Yea, Mikey, your radios suck. Mine are the best.
ab3al
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2009, 08:21:51 PM »

yeah you know i throws you more pounds than you throws me.  my cobra 2000gtl walks the dog all over your realistic navaho.  I even gots the extra channels
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2009, 09:19:34 PM »

I never had any problems preRiley. QRO and use a real receiver.

Strap softly and turn up the wick.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2009, 05:50:51 PM »

BHV needs to be tamed.

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT.
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2009, 06:14:19 PM »

BHV needs to be tamed.

That's what they make tasers for.  Walk past closely at Deerfield, reach out and touch him, have a cup of coffee while he does the Worm. Grin

A lot of hoopla over nothing, as usual. All the doom and gloom we heard about removing the CW requirement amounted to nothing. Expanding the phone bands in place of the disused CW sub bands has brought more activity, not less - and certainly hasn't caused the chaos we were all threatened with.

Enforcement of commercial services involving potential life and death situations as well as financial concerns will be enough to keep a cash-strapped gov't bureaucracy like the FCC entertained. Those who insist on drawing attention to themselves (on the air, not here) enough to get noticed will likely end up feeling the hammer dropped on them, as with Riley and before Riley. 

Seems simple enough?

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2009, 07:47:47 PM »

yeah you know i throws you more pounds than you throws me.  my cobra 2000gtl walks the dog all over your realistic navaho.  I even gots the extra channels

Oh hey now don't belittle the Navaho! I love my 458. A finer CB base for SSB there never was. Mine has a selectable balanced 600 Ohm audio input, a better power supply regulator, an extra I.F stage, a T/R switch output for bypassing an external preamp/RX tuner during TX (helped with selectivity and spatter from those illegals running power on channel 15), and a little fan because the regulator gets too hot anyway. Alas the rig is no longer in use and the controls have all gone scratchy.

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2009, 04:27:32 PM »

Oh hey now don't belittle the Navaho! I love my 458. A finer CB base for SSB there never was.

Except for the big Browning and Tram rigs of the 60s-70s from Laconia and Winnesquam NH, respectively. Top quality components, lotsa toobs, point-to-point hand wiring, topped off with a Collins 6 kHz mechanical filter. You gots ta hear yer good buddies before you can work 'em.  Wink

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015