The AM Forum
May 15, 2024, 09:39:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: still at it with sbcblowbal  (Read 1561 times)
W1ATR
Resident HVAC junkie

« on: December 02, 2008, 11:26:19 PM »

Ok, one more time I'm going to try to get this damn email notifications thing figured out.

What I did last night; I proceeded to jam up my amfone account trying to change the email and couldn't get logged back in. I shot Gary a plee to fix my eff up, and he thankfully did it this morning and everything seemed peachy. He sent a couple of emails from the amfone address and I rx'd them just fine, so I figured we are good to go. Not so lucky. I have the notifications turned on for both the qso and tech forums and numerous posts in each, and nothing is getting thru freakin sbcglobal and into my mailbox.

What I've done so far is to log into this sbcglobal account in att.yahoo and added a filter to let amfone thru, and also added amfone to the address book.(This worked with another board.) I also added amfone to my outlook address book.

It's not like the notification emails are getting dumped to a bulk folder or a spam folder, it's like they're never getting to the server or something. I have the spam blocker bs turned off and everything.

Any suggestions? This forum is the only one I have trouble with. There has to be a way around this.

I had this board sending to a yahoo.com email I have and they all come thru just fine. I'm just trying to get the board into my main email so I don't have to keep signing into yahoo.

Don't start nuthin, there won't be nuthin.

Jared W1ATR

Click for radio pix
W4EWH

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 09:01:26 AM »

Suggestions:

• Send your notifications to a POP or IMAP account, and print out the headers for the tech support to look at.
  • Disable your spam filter and see if that cures it.
  • Have the amfone tech support check the server logs to see if they're being rejected during the SMTP session.
  • File complaints with tech support at your ISP. Include a lot of detail, make it clear that you expect the problem to be solved, and tell them you want them to monitor the email in transit.
  • Relax. This isn't rocket science, and you will cure the problem eventually.

Bill W1AC

Life's too short for plastic radios.  Wallow in the hollow! - KD1SH
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015