The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:18:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: National NC-300 IF can needed  (Read 3018 times)
WV9R

« on: November 30, 2008, 10:35:30 PM »

I'm in need of a IF can for my NC-300, the one that I'm looking for is noted as T 5 in the schematic. I  beleive it might be the reason my oscillator isnt oscillating  Cheesy  If anyone has such a beast or know where I might be able to get one please let me know. As always I'm open to suggestions. Thanks Ray

Ray
WV9R
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 11:35:50 PM »

T5 has a resistor, 2 caps, and a tapped inductor. Did you check to see if the coil is open, shorted, caps bad, etc.? Not much in it.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
WV9R

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 09:02:40 PM »

Thats my plan for tonite, The ham that I bought it from said this can has been a trouble spot for him with this rig for a while on and off, so i thought it might just be better to replace it if I can find one. Thanks Ray

Ray
WV9R
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 08:23:46 PM »

Check to make sure the windings are securely soldered to the terminals, and if there's a silver mica cap in there, it *could* be bad.

I don't have a skizmatic handy for the NC-300 but if the oscillator uses a 6C4, I'd try replacing it (with several different brands if necessary).  I've found Raytheon 6C4s just won't oscillate in some circuits.

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015