The AM Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:59:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EMA Section Manager Elections FYI  (Read 3757 times)
W1QWT

« on: October 02, 2008, 08:48:49 AM »

For those of you who reside in the ARRL EMA section you probably know that there is an election
for the Section Manager position. W1MPN is running against the incumbent K1GBX.
I thought you might like to know that since I am leaning towards Mike Neilsen, W1MPN, I wrote him to ask how he felt about the AM mode and if he would support it. My question to him was "If you would support AM's
existence and listen to the constituency and in doing so argue with Newington if needed."
I am happy to report that he replied that he supports AM as well as all modes.
His answer was "First let me say that I truly appreciate your support.  It is my job to relay any and all concerns to the ARRL.  I think there is no better definition of the role of SM." " For what it is worth, my senior
staff and I support all modes of operation, particularly for hobby purposes.  I strongly believe that our interests in the hobby should embrace as much diversity of interest as possible."
This following statement came from the EMA assistant Section Manager who will work with W1MPN,"We will definitely do what we can to continue support AM as a mode of operation." Also the assistant Section manager, KD1CY, stated that: "My uncle, Louis Macedo-W1WAY, was a big advocate of AM and operated on AM very often".

Regards
Q, W1QWT

Regards, Q, W1QWT
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015