The AM Forum
April 29, 2024, 04:00:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Digital Sat System for PSK31  (Read 1470 times)
ka3zlr
« on: August 27, 2008, 08:21:05 AM »

Along with getting the 813 machine in shape, I have a question regarding PSK31.

In the course of getting the shack back in shape here, one of my other interests is UHF and Microwave an Digital and along with some of my purchases along the way i found what i think is a neat little device:

http://www.softsci.com/p-pskmeter.htm

If maybe someone could give me a Thought on this and an opinion maybe, the idea is to keep the emission clean of splatter and extraneous sidebands, so My thinking was when i found this Hey Great a monitor for the Emission.

The set up is going to be all portable uplink and downlink all DC, and I found two servos that will be incorporated for the antenna system, that will also be DC and operated VIA the laptop, and I guess not using this mode before There's few ways of really monitoring the Transmit side on the waterfall, So, I think this was a good move, and the idea is to take this along on the camping trips with the boys and try to hit some of these Sats VIA PSK31...We got a few boys interested in Amateur Radio I thought hey something portable something digital and computer related and something different to do in the Field and see what transpires...

Has anyone tried this mode and am i correct in my thinking I'd be much obliged in any opinons OM's.

73 jack.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015