The AM Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:03:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't download files from Edebris??  (Read 5447 times)
K1ZJH

« on: August 04, 2008, 08:52:55 PM »

For the past few weeks I can't download files from Edebris on my home or work computer. I get files with 0 bytes and the reader says they are corrupted.  BAMA works fine, when I can get in that is. I saw some comments about the same problem on QRZ, but never saw a resolution. Is anyone else running into this as well?

Pete Huh
KM1H
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 10:06:35 PM »

Been working fine all along Pete, including a test 20 seconds ago.

Sounds like some spyware filter or firewall is acting up.

Carl
KM1H
Mike/W8BAC
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 09:03:08 AM »

Edebris works here as well. Might be browser settings? I don't know. I used Microsoft Internet Explorer.
KM1H
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 05:16:45 PM »

The PC's here run XP-Pro/IE7; XP-Pro/IE6 and 98SE/IE-6. All work fine with Edebris. Also have ZA-Pro, MS Defender, Spy-Bot, Xsoft-Spy loaded.

How do you get past the FTP password and stuff for BAMA?

Carl
WQ9E

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 05:48:17 PM »

When Bama prompts you for the FTP/password that is just an indication that the maximum number of users are already connected.  I have had much better luck with the Edebris mirror although sometimes the shortened/changed filenames makes it easier to view Bama first and then figure out which file you need from Edebris.

A good (although slow download) resource for vintage Yaesu gear is the Fox Tango site:  http://foxtango.org/foxtango001.htm  On that subject, has anyone had any experience with the FT-625D which is a vintage all mode (includes AM) 6 meter from Yaesu?  I was thinking about trying to find one.

Rodger WQ9E

Rodger WQ9E
KE6DF

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 07:59:09 PM »

Edebris also lso works here with the latest and greatest (?) Microsoft software Vista plus Internet Explorer.

I have never had a problem with it.

The Bama site is often busy and I get the login password prompt most of the time.

Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 08:45:58 PM »

I never have a problem getting my manual information  Grin

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
K1ZJH

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2008, 06:07:57 PM »

Arrgh!  Problem came back!  Edebris files downloads are again 0 bytes. Anyone find a fix for this?  Bama works fine, but I believe the downloads are done using FTP from BAMA, there is something different on Edebris!  This problem exists on Firefox and IE7.  What is really odd is that the manuals on mods.dk download FB to the download box without being corrupted. Weird. It don't appear to be a security issue. This just started happening again this morning.
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2008, 10:13:34 PM »

Works fine here using Firefox and IE. Just downloaded a file to test. It was also in DJVU format. (see attached). I converted to a PDF since the djvu format is not supported here.

* bw-334a.pdf (568.54 KB - downloaded 4334 times.)

KM1H
Contributing

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2008, 07:33:43 AM »

You'll also note that all the Heathkit files are gone. Some dirtbag bought all the legacy copyrights and has forced all the on line sites to remove their files.

Carl
KM1H
K1ZJH

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2008, 08:46:03 AM »

Works fine here using Firefox and IE. Just downloaded a file to test. It was also in DJVU format. (see attached). I converted to a PDF since the djvu format is not supported here.

Pete, I am sure it works for 99.9% of the folks out there. But, others have reported the Edebris problem on different forums in the past. The really odd thing is I can download files to the download folder on the mods.dk website without issue.   Bama downloads are fine too; but I think downloads are handled by FTP on Bama. Weird.

Pete
WQ9E

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2008, 09:28:19 AM »

Pete,

I am also having the same issue with Edebris again, it stopped working for me at home a couple of weeks ago.  Works fine from my office using any browser, does not work from home using any browser (tried IE, Firefox, and even an old copy of Netscape Navigator).  I get the same 0 Kb files that you are getting.  The only thing I haven't tried is my daughters Nintendo Wii using its Opera browser, I guess that is next to determine whether it is the PC I have hooked up to the internet or my ISP.  Edebris is certainly much faster than Bama when it is working.

Rodger WQ9E

Rodger WQ9E
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2008, 03:25:58 PM »

From Ken's "NEWS" Section:
The BAMA mirror site at Edebris is now HTTP.  Ed Kujawski has converted the Edebris site to http, so there is no longer a limit to the number of connections.  Busy times may result in a slowing of the system, but you should always be able to start a download whenever you please.

Using Vista or XP makes no difference in my ability to access a file. I also pulled out my old Toshiba laptop that's running Windows 98 and IE 5 or 6 and tried to get a manual from Edebris. No problem with the Ethernet connection so then I tried using dialup. Also, had no problem, but it was a lot slower traversing the web. Was able to download the Gonset 3041 below. If your issue happens with multiple computers, or multiple users are experiencing the same problem, it might be ISP related.

* Gonset Super-ceiver 3041.pdf (215.18 KB - downloaded 217 times.)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015