The AM Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:08:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Comcast Email  (Read 4913 times)
Carl WA1KPD
Contributing

« on: May 29, 2008, 09:57:52 AM »

Anybody else having problems accessing Comcast email last night and today?

Thanks

Carl /KPD

Carl

"Okay, gang are you ready to play radio? Are you ready to shuffle off the mortal coil of mediocrity? I am if you are." Shepherd
w1vtp

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 01:40:30 PM »

No more than usual.  I had to give up on Comcast being my major ISP for uploading for my several websites.  They would shut me off thereby aborting my upload.  Normal email service can handle this interruption.  So I use DSL for my web uploads and Comcast for surfing and their several places I use as host for my websites

Just be patient -- like any other bloated service they are not about to listen to your or my complaints

73 Al

PS:  Have you noticed Comcasts REALLY dumb on-line customer support?
Rick K5IAR
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 01:50:13 PM »

Comcast became Time Warner here in the Dallas, TX area and I have been getting superb service for several months.  I hope I didn't just jinx myself!  Of course, I was coming off a 56K dialup that was a joke, so just about anything was an improvement.

Rick/K5IAR
Carl WA1KPD
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 03:46:10 PM »

This is the link I cant open
http://www.comcast.net/explore.html

Carl

"Okay, gang are you ready to play radio? Are you ready to shuffle off the mortal coil of mediocrity? I am if you are." Shepherd
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 04:16:10 PM »

Opens hee but changes the link to

http://www.comcast.net/a/

Rather strange layout though.
Carl WA1KPD
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 04:36:52 PM »

Opens hee but changes the link to

http://www.comcast.net/a/

Rather strange layout though.

Steve,

Yeah that is what I am encountering too.
Thanks

Carl /KPD

Carl

Blaine N1GTU
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 05:00:25 PM »

comcast DNS was hacked  Grin
some geeks were pissed about the bandwidth throttling of torrents.
http://torrentfreak.com/comcast-hacked-in-bittorrent-throttling-packback-080529/
Carl WA1KPD
Contributing

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 11:07:14 PM »

Thanks Blaine,

Thats it. They are still messing with it.
Punish Comcast by making their users loose service. Like Comcast will refund users?
Carl /KPD

Carl

K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 11:23:04 AM »

Maybe Comcast will smarten up.  I'm stuck with them too.

Yep, Comcast is like the AOL of days gone by. Took on too much biz and now their bandwidth is choking.

Their cable TV is satisfactory. Downloading internet during off-hours is barely acceptable. During peak hours, forget it.  And try to upload a file over 10K at any time - forget it. For many moons I could barely upload a picture to this site or send out an attachment in an email. The program would cycle and cycle and finally cancel out. Still the same.

I also lose  random streaming price data during the day critical to programmed trading.

The worst part is using VOIP for my phone service. At least 70% of the calls get disconnected after just 30 seconds. It's not the VOIP service, but Comcast.

I read that they deny having responsibility for the throttling problem, so I called service to find out myself. They said it's probably cuz I didn't log on and off every day to get a better cueing order. The same BS. That made no difference. 

It goes on and on. They provide digital phone service down the street, but will not run the cables up here to finish the job, so I'm stuck with cellular or VOIP.

They will have their day, the bastards.

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
n1exi

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 12:57:11 PM »

no big fan of comcast here but only game here at my qth - verizon's fios falls short about 2 miles from here and at this time maybe next year service will be available.
with current isp (comcast) i cant complain -  downloads are quick - cabletv is different tho - guess ill have to spend the extra $1.00 for a cable box and get back my history channel and cartoon network....etc
greg - n1exi
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015