The AM Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:59:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 80MC2F Mic. Jack - any ideas where to get it?  (Read 6243 times)
AF9J
« on: February 27, 2008, 04:53:42 PM »

Hi People,

I want to wire up an adapter cable, so I can continue using D-104  (which is now wired for the Viking II) with my Globe Scout 680.  I need to get my hands on an 80MC2F mic plug.  I'm having a hard time finding them.  Surplus Sales doesn't have them.  If Mouser has them (which I doubt), I don't know the part number.  Newark has them, but they seemd to be geared more towards industrial users (as are most of the other suppliers).  There's Ken's Electronics, but they're kind of slow (in my personal experience) deliverywise.  Does anybody know of any other sources for this plug?

Ellen - AF9J
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 05:22:58 PM »

I ordered some stuff from Ken's last summer and it took 3 days to get it into my hands.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
Rob K2CU
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 08:54:37 PM »

I've ordered small numbers of items from Newark, as an individual, and have gotten them in a few days. You will also get a big catalog on a regular basis. Not a bad place to deal with.
Ed-VA3ES

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 11:15:21 PM »

I guess you're looking for a cable-end  female jack?  Let me see what I have in my stock.  I will report back tomorrow AM. 

"There ain't a slaw-bukit inna worl, that kin jam me!!"
W2XR
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 11:38:42 PM »

Hi Ellen,

Newark Electronics has these Amphenol connectors in stock every day. The Newark stock number for this connector is 39F010, and they list for $11.01 each.

Hope this helps!

Bruce

Real transmitters are homebrewed with a ratchet wrench, and you have to stand up to tune them!

Arthur C. Clarke's Third Law: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic".
AF9J
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 08:54:04 AM »

Thanks Guys!

I found Newark via a Google search for the connector.  I know some of you ahve bought stuff from them, but I wasn't sure if they were mainly commercial oriented, since they required you to set up an account, list your business, etc.  I guess they do non-business sales.

Ellen - AF9J
W2XR
Contributing

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 09:40:02 AM »

Thanks Guys!

I found Newark via a Google search for the connector.  I know some of you ahve bought stuff from them, but I wasn't sure if they were mainly commercial oriented, since they required you to set up an account, list your business, etc.  I guess they do non-business sales.

Ellen - AF9J

Ellen,

They sell both retail and to established commercial accounts.

Give them your credit card number on the phone when you place your order, and you're in!

They may have an order minimum; you will have to check this.

I have bought items from Newark for years, and they are a pleasure to deal with. In fact, I have to order something from them today!

Bruce

Real transmitters are homebrewed with a ratchet wrench, and you have to stand up to tune them!

Arthur C. Clarke's Third Law: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic".
Ed-VA3ES

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 12:46:31 PM »

Ellen, I found an 80MC2F for you.  Let me know if you still need it.  If so, forward your mailing address to me for shipping.

"There ain't a slaw-bukit inna worl, that kin jam me!!"
AF9J
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2008, 02:16:57 PM »

Thanks Ed,

I just sent you address via e-mail.

Ellen - AF9J
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015