The AM Forum
May 23, 2024, 02:49:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Peter Dahl Resources Acquired by W8CQ dba Harbach Electronics of Ohio  (Read 9229 times)
W1RC
Contributing

« on: February 21, 2008, 06:21:01 PM »

The Peter Dahl Company has NOT been sold. It is NOT moving across the border to Mexico.  The Peter Dahl Company has stopped production, is closing their doors, and will become part of Amateur Radio History!

But the NAME will live on!

Jeff Weinberg, W8CQ of Harbach Electronics, has purchased the rights to the name, the original transformer and choke specifications and designs, and the design equipment.

The transformers will be built by MagCap Engineering using the original PWD specs, and sold through Harbach Electronics under the Peter Dahl name. The transformer and chokes will be FOB Canton, MA and shipped directly to the customer from MagCap.

This is great news for the Amateur Radio Community and a great way to memorialize the Peter Dahl Company who's innovations and designs have brought so much to our hobby.

To nullify any further rumors or innuendos about the status or future of the Peter W Dahl Company, let me share the following e-mail with you (edited for content)...

BEGIN QUOTE

Re: Harbach Electronics and Peter Dahl

Yes, the deal is finally completed. I have purchased all of the transformer
designs and design equipment from Peter Dahl. I am moving the equipment
here to Ohio. Once all of the computer design work has been updated and
cataloged, I will be selling Peter Dahl transformers and chokes.

I should be up and running in a couple months.

(snip)

MagCap will be building the transformers according to the original Peter Dahl designs and specs and will be sold by Harbach Electronics under the Peter W. Dahl name.

Regards,

Jeff Weinberg W8CQ
Harbach Electronics

http://www.harbachelectronics.com 

I've heard great things about Jeff and his company from people I know and respect. To me this is a great day in Amateur Radio and I look forward to the future with Peter W Dahl firmly rooted in our hobby!

END QUOTE

MrMike, W1RC

"It is a good thing we don't get the government we pay for."  Will Rogers.
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 06:52:59 PM »

That's OUTSTANDING news.  Jeff's a great guy... he's been in the space ahead of us at Dayton for the past 10 years or so and we always have a hell of a lot of fun. 

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
ka3zlr
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 07:13:49 PM »

That is Absolute wonderful news. Great..
WA3VJB
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 07:15:53 PM »

John you're right, he's a heck of a good guy.

I spent time talking with him while helping him and his crew put up the canopies this past Dayton.

Being's how he knows you miscreants, I hope that means he will know why the "AM crazies" keep pestering him for modulation transformers.

Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 07:47:12 PM »

Jeff's been a member of this forum since July 2007.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 10:05:03 PM »

Just hope the hammies don't drive him crazy with requests for 1 kw broadcast quality modulation transformers, then piss 'n moan because he wouldn't do it for $20.00.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
K8WBL
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008, 10:38:20 PM »

Nice going Jeff!!  I will tell WB8BFS if you havnt already...73,  Tim K8WBL (WB8OWX)
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2008, 10:41:53 PM »

Tell him what?
W1IA

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2008, 12:43:35 PM »

Fantastic NEWS! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Builders UNITE! Then STRAP!!!!!!!!!! Smiley Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips sealed Undecided Kiss Undecided Lips sealed Tongue Roll Eyes Huh Cool Sad Angry Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Run What Ya Brung!
wb2fof

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2008, 01:56:33 PM »

Yea.....I agree with KYV about the P&M over the $20 deal !

Don, those aren't just hammies, it's AM hammies that buy iron, except for VJB that's so kind to free loan equipment !!  I want that 300G so I can be a Tall Cruiser Ship ! Laugh !

Plenty of oil needed for this bunch of squeaky wheels !

Huzman.please please don't delete this !!!!  JN be nice !!! BTW my son was at a auction yesterday down that way that had 4-5 R390A's and plenty of old stuff. Lowest 390 sold for $500 !!  He got some nice audio stuff NOS and tubes !

Get your Dayton crap in ! All online this year !!

Buster Bob, The FOF

Bob
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2008, 04:36:37 PM »

Look forward to seeing your son again at some area festers, Bob!

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
k6rix
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2008, 04:05:09 AM »

W1RC, if you are going to cut and past my post from another forum, at least give me the appropriate credit...

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?t=153611
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2008, 11:08:00 AM »

It looks like a letter from Jeff, W8CQ. Why are you trying to take credit for it?
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2008, 11:11:25 AM »

W1RC, if you are going to cut and past my post from another forum, at least give me the appropriate credit...

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?t=153611

what kinda credit you looking for? Your credit report dont look too good to me....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015