The AM Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:05:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WinRadio  (Read 16014 times)
kc2ifr
« on: February 17, 2008, 08:29:44 PM »

I have been asked to post the receiver I use to record a lot of the AM stations I listen to on the ham bands.
I do more listening lately than I do transmitting (I stay out of trouble that way!)
Its sort of a hobby to listen around and when I hear a station that is looking for an audio report I will start the recorder and then send the ham the wav file. Using this method the audio I send him or her is digital to digital......nothing in between.
The station looking for the audio report doesnt have to listen to the "experts" of which there are many!.
Anyway.......this receiver is NOT the best SDR out there but it works OK. The sensitivity of this receiver is better that all of my toob receivers BUT the selectivity suffers a little. This receiver is NOT as good as the flex when it comes to selectivity but I dont care about that. I do not use it on the air. Anyway this is it......
Again.....this a computer receiver.......read the details.
http://www.winradio.com/home/g313e.htm
Thanks for all the excellent reports on the quality of my audio files.
Bill
N1ESE
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 08:34:49 PM »

Bill, Which WinRadio receiver model are you using?  I see a bunch of different models.

- JT
kc2ifr
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 08:40:18 PM »

Its the G313e.......meaning its the external version. The G313i is the internal version.
Bill
K9ACT
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 11:47:20 PM »

That's a fine service you are providing and you should be applauded for it.

However, if the recipient of your sound bite happens to be on dial up, a .wav file may be no favor at all.

It would be better to save or convert your files to .mp3.  These are compressed files and are vastly smaller than a comparable wav file.  Most recorders offer the option to save either format but if yours does not, you can download a converter for nix.

It is impossible to tell the difference between the two for our purposes so there is no point in squandering the bandwidth on the wav files.

js

kc2ifr
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 08:16:37 AM »

JS,
That is exactly what I do.......if I know the recipient has a slow connection or the file is big, I use Adobe Audition to convert the wav file to an mp3.
BTW.......Adobe Audition is a great program and works very well.
Bill
kc2ifr
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 11:32:44 AM »

A quick recording of some of the boys. Recorded at 12KC Bandwidth. I started and stopped the recording a few times to keep the size down. Listen for Bob K1KBW to come on at the end.

* audiotest.mp3 (238.08 KB - downloaded 1085 times.)
N1ESE
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 11:35:54 AM »

Man, I always love Bob's audio.. wow.

- JT
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015