The AM Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:53:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FB audio from Icom ProII on AM  (Read 2030 times)
Tom W2ILA

« on: February 08, 2008, 08:39:05 PM »

I heard KC2ALN last night using his Icom 756ProII ricebox and it sounded GREAT.  Even a hollowstater like myself appreciated the audio.
He had a nice audio chain but the key was that he was sending audio into the data port using a resistive network.  Has anyone else fooled with this? Any details?

Tom
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 09:40:49 PM »

It's actually not called the Data Port, but the Accessory Socket, ACC1. Pin 4 goes directly to the modulator input bypassing all the front end (from the mike socket to the modulator) audio processing. When using this connection, the front panel mike control and the speech processor become non-functional. Many hams who use "IHY" or equivalent type audio processing boxes make the connection to this accessory socket. It improves the low end response and maybe a tad (not much) of high frequency response. I haven't had a mike connected to the front mike jack of my 756 PRO II in 3 years. All audio inputs go to Pin 4 of ACC1. Pin 5 of this socket is the AF Detector output. There's also an ALC voltage input pin and a "send" connection to key linear amplifiers. A number of the more recent Icom rigs have this modulator input available on the Accessory Socket.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015