The AM Forum
April 29, 2024, 01:31:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: W1QWT Bob Callahan ('Q') Recovering from Quadruple Bypass Surgery  (Read 1648 times)
W1RC
Contributing

« on: January 30, 2008, 04:55:02 AM »

Many of you guys know Bob W1QWT, aka 'Q'.  He's the "Ghost of E F Johnson" character you may have seen wandering around Hosstraders/NEAR-Fest with a grounding rod in hand.  He's a good friend of many years duration.  Yesterday (January 29th) he had quadruple heart bypass surgery and is recovering nicely which is great news.

A week or so ago Bob had an EKG as part of a routine physical, and apparently the doctor saw something he didn't like. So off Q went for a stress test. Here are the latest updates.

Bob's surgeon at New England Medical Center is the head of the cardiac care unit and had just performed a heart transplant on a patient Monday morning so Bob is in very capable hands.  The heart surgeon said his regular doctor saved his life by seeing the problem with the EKG.

Q made it through his surgery with all going well.  They took one artery from his chest wall and three from his leg. Q's XYL Jean said that the procedure for removing the arteries from the leg for the by-pass are done as a much less invasive process that in years gone by.

Needless to say, Q won't be up for feats of strength anytime soon, so this Saturday's Festuvus Party is  cancelled.  However I am hoping that he will be back to normal (?) by the time Spring rolls around and will be able to join us at Deerfield for NEAR-Fest III and many more thereafter.

Bob's e-mail address is recallahan*at*comcast*dot*net in case you want to e-mail him a get-well message.

MisterMike

"It is a good thing we don't get the government we pay for."  Will Rogers.
W1UJR
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 08:43:04 AM »

Tnx for news Mike, glad to hear he is ok.

The first HossTraders I attended, right after I moved to Maine, I met "Q" in full Viking regalia.
Quite a fellow!
Wish him a speedy recovery.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015