The AM Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:36:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We need two ebay categories, "real find" vs. "crappy, do you believe this."  (Read 4960 times)
W3RSW
Contributing

Rick & "Roosevelt"

« on: December 05, 2007, 11:33:26 AM »

Tough finding good referenced ebay items after wading though all the worthless ebay crap and flim flams on this all inclusive thread catagory.

Given the perceived need for separate categories such as 'home brew' from the 'technical topics' category, we might better be served by a "bona fide and/or worthy ebay" vs. a "would you believe this crap ebay" catagory.  Well, call 'em what you want but you know what I mean.

Looks like we almost enjoy finding such crappy gems better than we like pointing out real goodies to our buddies. 

RICK  *W3RSW*
KF1Z

Are FETs supposed to glow like that?

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 11:43:23 AM »

I'm probably one of the worst offenders in that regard!

Maybe better to place an identifier in the title (IE:  BS )
Than to create more categories.....

Or of course, try to limit the crappy, bs... stuff to the really insane listings!

And you're right... it IS more fun pointing out the rediculous stuff,,,
'cause it's something that almost everyone can appreciate ( entertainment factor ).
Even if they (like me) have no real interest in stuff like broadcast rigs, old tube receivers etc...)

W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 11:49:58 AM »

I enjoy seeing this stuff. Some of it defies convention. You gotta laugh at allot of it.

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 11:51:01 AM »

Yes, because AMfone exists solely to supply us with ebay shopping links. Saves opening another pesky browser and doing all that searching, where you end up finding crap you never knew you needed! Wink

There ya go Rick, chain yanked back. 

Grin

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 01:54:48 PM »

I moved this topic to the QSO since it's a discussion.

Forum: EBAY ITEMS and OTHER LINKS
Place links to items that may be of interest to the AM community

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 02:45:25 PM »

Hey G,

Let's just get on the air and not read the board for a while. Maybe it'll all go away.

Huh
Carl WA1KPD
Contributing

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 08:31:13 PM »

By golly sonny, in the old days there weren't even categories. Why the old AM window just listed stuff cronologicallllliy
Yessir it took a real Internet  guru to find there way around.... None of them  A'OL newbies.
http://web.archive.org/web/19981206092926/www.thebizlink.com/am/wwwboard/wwwboard.html

Carl

"Okay, gang are you ready to play radio? Are you ready to shuffle off the mortal coil of mediocrity? I am if you are." Shepherd
W3RSW
Contributing

Rick & "Roosevelt"

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2007, 01:05:09 PM »

Yeah, those were the days. - saw my moniker about a dozen times for topics on HUZ's page that opened from the link.

Well we sure don't need endless subdivides in topics; just meant to show that the ebay items are pretty humorous and just about as split worthy as homebrew is from technical.  Supposed to be a fun idea, not to be taken to seriously.

RICK  *W3RSW*
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2007, 03:15:40 PM »

Supposed to be a fun idea, not to be taken to seriously.

Hey, I got it just fine, and responded in kind.   Grin

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
W3RSW
Contributing

Rick & "Roosevelt"

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2007, 06:11:56 PM »

Yeah Todd, ya did.
Chain taught again..  ho, ho.

Now I see all kinds of calls for new catagories...   Too many and we'll forget where we posted stuff without runnin' a search.  Good thing this site has ur history outlined.  Another feature required by complexity?  TMI redux?

Kind of like computer memory,;; the more you have , the sloppier and bloated the code.  Just like highways and traffic; Build it and they will come en mass.

And....  Looks like we need a whole thread for 3992 alone; maybe they'll read it.  Wink

RICK  *W3RSW*
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015