The AM Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:38:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RADIO MARTI  (Read 2042 times)
flintstone mop
Contributing

« on: December 03, 2007, 11:20:50 AM »

I guess some one will have to kill me if they tell me how to get a hold of an engineer in the tech control of Radio Marti on 7405. I want to ask their engineer to check their EQ, to be sure they are in compliance with bandwidth restrictions like the rest of the shortwave broadcast world. They interfere 10khz away!!!!!!!!!! Yea ok I'm trying to listen to 7415.

They must be exempt from the 5 khz bandwidth for audio. They splatter all the way up and passed 7415. The sibilance from the voices is killing other stations around them. Now this is an example of excessive bandwidth for Ham operations noted in another thread about using Hi-Fi audio fro Ham ops.
Monitoring the waveform on a scope reveals they are really pushing the high end, like it was AM B'cast.
Thanks for any directions. No website noted from a google search. Just other newsgroups pointing out the same interference problems from 7405 and their splatter.

Fred

Fred KC4MOP
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 12:14:41 PM »

Fred, google turned up Radio Marti's website, and further revealed that Radio Marti (as well as VOA, RFA, RFE, etc) is engineered by the Internation Broadcasting Bureau.  Here's their email

pubaff@ibb.gov

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 03:38:37 PM »

Thank You John
It's getting a little cold up HERE in Western Pa.

Fred

Fred KC4MOP
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015