The AM Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:50:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: W1E ?  (Read 4192 times)
WA3VJB
« on: October 13, 2007, 02:58:42 PM »

Anyone heard them on ?

* DSC07812`600.jpg (262.65 KB, 600x450 - viewed 356 times.)
KC1XF
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 03:29:58 PM »

Paul,

I just heard WA!QIX shutting down his E RIG about 14:55. They were operating last night and also thru out the day today. I was up there all day and I heard W!TAV working Stu AB2EZ from there.

We had a fantastic day for the fester, and I just got back home when I heard Steve QIX signing off.

73, Paul

Fred

KC1XF
W1UJR
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 04:55:44 PM »

Have some audio W1AX operating the rig this afternoon, will post soon.

Has been uploaded, now in the AM Audio Vault.
WU2D
Contributing

CW is just a narrower version of AM

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 04:56:25 PM »

Nearfest Report

The highlight for me was the R390 clinic given by George Rancourt at 5PM on Friday evening in the log cabin. It was packed with R390A veterans, newbies and wannabes. This was one fantastic program - imagine two R390A's on the front table, one partially dissasembled, one complete and examples of all of the modules all layed out. George went through the radio module by module giving hints and kinks on each one, debunking myths and taking comments and questions.

I always like to show the results of a walk thought the flea market - all of this stuff was from rainy Friday and the total outlay was $60. My best find was two 3570 crystals, one in FT-243 and one in the BC-610 size.

Mike WU2D

* NearFeast.jpg (302.08 KB, 1962x1284 - viewed 363 times.)

* 3570X.jpg (53.68 KB, 477x513 - viewed 351 times.)

* 3570XTAL2.jpg (107.95 KB, 795x801 - viewed 355 times.)

These are the good old days of AM
WA1GFZ

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 08:16:01 PM »

Hey mike, Sorry I missed you. I was supposed to give you an ART13 TR relay for Mark.
W1E was on the air but last night we went out to eat. Whe we got back steve fired up and I sat next to the operating position. after about 10 minutes I was freezing and packed in in for the night. Steve told me he didn't last long either.
Today was so nice everyone was moving around and few were into playing radio.
steve_qix
Contributing

Bap!

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 02:52:31 PM »

Hi !

I did run the special events station from NearFest, but I didn't reserve the call W1E.  Everyone just used their own call, which was just fine.

I had the station set up in the back of my wife's station wagon, which really worked out very well, I must say - and, because of the rain on Thursday, I would not have been able to set up outside anyway.  It was a nice, neat, 400 watt setup - easy to use, easy to move.

There was some discussion about a combined older tech/newer tech station, with 2 transmitters and a common receiver/antenna/ etc. setup, but it wasn't able to be done this time, so we just had the new-tech station this time.  The plan for the Spring is to have the dual transmitter setup - which will let folks see and hear the difference between the technologies.  It'll be a good demo !

Anyway, that's the report.  A lot of work, but a good time too, and that's what counts.

Regards,

Steve

High Power, Broadcast Audio and Low Cost?  Check out the class E web site at: http://www.classeradio.org
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 11:48:25 AM »

Unfortunately things didn't come together as completely as we had hoped for the Special Event Stations, mainly due to a lack of time. We had great plans in the works, just so much else going on that needed attention as well. There was even a 1x1 call reserved for the tube station, to be used in conjunction with W1E for the Class E set up.

'QIX and I discussed the station a while back and Steve came up with a way to run both the Class E Station and a Classic Tube Station sharing one antenna, switched between the two with relays. This to prevent interference from running two stations simultaneously in such a confined area.

We had a lot going on at this installment of NEAR-Fest, but Steve still managed to get the Class E station into a vehicle and active on site for the 'fest. I saw a number of folks operating the station, including the 'HUZman who was seen thoroughly enjoying himself at the mic on Saturday.

A hearty Thank-you to Steve, WA1QIX for his efforts and perseverance in keeping this station an active part of NEAR-Fest. May '08, here we come. 

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2007, 10:20:08 PM »

Here's a shot of Steve's set up.

* qixstationnearfestoct07.jpg (106.09 KB, 600x450 - viewed 368 times.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015