The AM Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:59:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Crooks Run From The Cops-It works!  (Read 6005 times)
n4vgb
« on: October 06, 2007, 01:08:36 AM »

Interesting day in our neighborhood. A small fleet of Chattanooga, TN city police cars came in our neighborhood, obviously in hot pursuit of someone on foot. We don't live in the city! Turns out these aces were in auto pursuit of an escapee from the Kentucky pen, that is also wanted for several bank robberies since his escape in GA & NC. They pursued him in mass and he ditched his vehicle in a field and fled on foot into the woods across the street from our house. So I'm looking this affair over, it's obvious they have encircled a wooded area and walk up to one of the city cops and inquire exactly why they expect this old boy to come out of the woods and surrender to them while they sit on the street in their cars!? They think they've got him surrounded in about 5-6 acres of woods and they'll just wait and let the dog flush him out!!! He never came out and these brilliant law enforcement officers sat on their butts all day, the dog either had a cold or didn't like the guy's smell.

About lunch time as I was leaving I inquired of another of these geniuses if they were aware that there was a narrow strip of woods about 150-200 foot wide connecting this small wooded area that they were guarding zealously to the 350 acre wooded area of the neighboring TN State Park, all I got was a sick look in reply and he jumps on his radio calling somebody!

So then we stop at the neighborhood store for my wife to pick up a snack and there's another city cop sitting there also. The guy that runs the store saw the in mass pursuit pass his store and walks out and informs the cop that the guy driving just lives around the corner on the left! Yeah, if they'd have just asked around and showed the old boy's picture, they could have picked him up at home! Very nice white Corvettes attract attention, not really smart for a fugitive to be driving one!   

I've done a little internet research on this guy and today marks his 4th successful escape in 3 states using the same method, he hits the woods and vanishes instantly! He seems to have a little Daniel Boone & Davey Crockett in his blood! Anthony Artrip, featured on Americas Most Wanted.

I knew that law enforcement just wasn't what it used to be but this affair today has pointed out just how bad it really is.

So we get home this evening and one of these guys tells me to go in my house and lock the doors, I tell him to go back to the city and kiss my butt. It got late, they all got bored and left. Fugitive still running free and coming to a bank near you soon!

Mack

Rick K5IAR
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 11:46:28 AM »

Great story, Mack!  Please, keep us posted as to how these "Andy Taylor / Barney Fife" coppers do in their quest.  Grin

Rick/K5IAR
KC1XF
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 03:19:20 PM »

CAR 54 Where Are You?

Yes guess it's the same old thing all over. We have one small town up here in Rhode Island and you may find someone pulled over. No less then Six Police Car's with officers all over the place. These guy's look like they just left the Mr. America contest, who needs sunglasses at night, tight shirt's with muscles bulging, uniforms look like they got off the press.

A write up in the paper not long ago, one shot himself in the foot for no reason at all.

I googled the guy they were looking for, quite interesting fella, they got there hands full with him.

Fred
w4eal
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 09:10:37 PM »

Gee Mack, what can you expect?  It was just a few years ago that TN had to fire 64 State Police troopers due to the fact that they had felony records. At least 3 East TN sheriffs have been arrested in the last year due to criminal offenses as well as deputies for committing crimes. In my county our deputies cannot issue traffic tickets because they have not been to the academy, nor can they investigate traffic accidents. The State police have to do all investigations here.

Den
WA1GFZ

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 08:20:25 AM »

As our head town cop once told me. What kind of people are you going to get who work nights and weekends for cheap.......
Bill, KD0HG

304-TH - Workin' it

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 05:34:29 PM »

Chicago cops have special belly bras built into their leather jackets.
AB3L
Contributing

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 09:03:07 PM »

Ahh yes, actually nabbed about a mile or so from my house. He was staying in a Knights Inn. We had a news chopper hovering relatively overhead for about two hours today. They must have been at a safe distance from gunfire cuz the camera view was very small from overhead.

http://kdka.com/topstories/local_story_281204034.html

Lookout Kentucky, he's coming home Shocked
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 08:26:28 AM »

[quoteAccording to the latest news, PA cops have this guy in custody.][/quote]

Those guyz in PA. know how to hunt.
KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2007, 09:36:27 AM »

Things are done different up here in the great white north.........

http://amfone.net/Amforum/index.php?topic=6272.0

What? Me worry?
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2007, 10:49:14 AM »

Yeah, I dunno. Probably not different most places you go, on a local level at least.

Was working on some ceiling lights last year when I hear this *WHAP* on the back of the house. Wander out back to see an arrow sticking out of the window frame right where I'd been standing an hour earlier removing a storm window. So I call the local police.

Portly female officer arrives, waddles around, looks inquisitively at the arrow, then decides to twist it out and take it with her. When ask why she was doing that without first investigating where it came from, she replies 'can't tell from here, too many trees. Unless you saw someone do it, we can't do anything'. This despite the fact that you could look down the arrow and see the backyard it came from. Family moved here several years ago from CT and have done nothing but cause problems, damage property, and so on. This arrow didn't have the optional steerable feathers/fins. Didn't land in a downward trajectory either like it was leaving orbit.

I ask her about possibly lifting a print or two. "Nope, can't do that. It's a round object, it won't have any good prints on it". Never mind that a perp had been convicted a year or so earlier for killing someone with a [round] ski pole just south of our town. Seems the rolling motion and grip provided several good prints. Arrow is smaller but same principals apply.

Except in RandAwful. Call the locals here and they already have several explanations ready before they arrive as to why they can't do anything. IBM had more professional and thorough rent-a-cops when I was there in the 80s.

No intent to bash the law enforcement establishment here, it's a thankless, frustrating job. More the p.c. climate and lawsuit-happy stupidity that has allowed things to deteriorate to such a level. Fewer an fewer good people want to apply for the job these days, and it shows. Considering that the criminal has more rights than the public servant tasked with upholding the law, it's no wonder.

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015