The AM Forum
April 28, 2024, 02:42:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: antenna back up  (Read 3020 times)
N3DRB The Derb
« on: October 07, 2007, 03:11:17 PM »

I finally felt good enough to mess with my former amp-tenna today. Turns out theres more salvageable out there curled up on the ground there than I thought there was. I wont be able to transmit off it, but it will make a FB RX antenna for the 75-A2.

Getting ready to go back out and connect it all up to the ladder line, which has gotten pretty bad in spots and shove the feeders through da winder. Any festers left? Gotta get new ladder line. Should have got it before now, but I was indisposed in one manner or another. Maybe I should just run coax this time around.

w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 04:11:35 PM »

There was one today at the Howard Cty fairgrounds....

W7FG ladderline is teh shztz and not too expensive.

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 04:48:56 PM »

prolly just buy it off them. Hamfests are hard to get around for me now. But I would have gone today as I was feeling pretty froggy.  Antennas up, about 35 ft high on one side and 10 ft on teh other, maybe 30 odd ft long on one side and 60 odd ft long on the other.  Pretty JS but it only a RX ant. It will be cut down and thrown away when the real antenna goes up. I do have 3 100ft hanks of dacron black 3/8" rope ready to go. I'll look at W7FG's site and see what he has to offer for wire and coax and ladder line.

Also inspected my 10ft ground rod and 1" braid and shoved it through winder. Looks ready to go. I'm getting psyched. Now I just need to stay healthy and out of the hospital for a while.  Angry

N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 07:44:54 PM »

listening to HnyLar on 85 with 20+ signal.  Smiley
Tim WA1HnyLR

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 06:40:38 PM »

Hey Derb!
 Its YOUR turn to lauch a 20+ signal up MY way. It has been too long since I talked with the Derb on Ham radio.
De Tim WA1HnyLR
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 09:04:42 AM »

hang on tron, I'm on da way back (starts singing Beatles) with a little help from my friends....

gonna be a FT-101 mortified by frank-o-tron and whatever big LIN YAR I can nab. Can't do the heavy gear anymore, can't carry it. Figure I can handle 1 item between me and da wife.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015