The AM Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:23:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Proper loading of the Valiant.  (Read 15105 times)
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2007, 10:31:39 AM »

Tell ya what Globe 'ol buddy.

I'll send you the step by step I used to solve the same problem in my Vikings 1 and 2.

AFTER I get a valid callsign from you. --bud@wd8bil.com--

When I worked at a particular Amateur Equipment Manufacturer we required a copy of ur license before we mailed the 10meter conversion instructions for amlifiers. I believe Ameritron et al still do require it.

What's the hangup Huh
w5omr

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2007, 10:38:25 AM »

I added screen current metering to my Desk KW so that I can run it at the current legal limit. 
Rodger WQ9E

Let's be clear, everyone... the new 'legal limit' is 1,500w PEP output.  There's no 'magic number' of 375w of carrier output, or 500w DC input to the final.  The LAW states 1500w PEP output. 

Thanks to people like Bacon and John/WA5BXO and K4KYV, we are finding out that while we might *be* running 375w of carrier, if we have anywhere -near- *decent* audio on our carriers, the natural asymmetricalness of our typical male-patterned voice will produce more or less PEP output, depending on the phase of the audio.

for more information, see http://www.qsl.net/wa5bxo/asyam/aam3.html

Personally, with an SR of 4, my 100w of carrier output is generating around 1600w PEP output, according to the scope.  But, the positive peaks are not flat-topped, or rounded and the peaks occur at the same time the base line is pinched.

Everyone needs to understand, the only 'legal limit' is 1500w PEP output.  There is no 'carrier output' legal limit.

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR
Steve W8TOW

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2007, 10:44:48 AM »

Interesting, if a person is having RFI issues with a Valiant...wait til they
fire up a Globe King!
dit dit dit dah!
73 steve w8tow

Always buiilding & fixing stuff. Current station is a "Old Buzzard" KW, running a pair of Taylor T-200's modulated by Taylor 203Z's; Johnson 500 / SX-101A; Globe King 400B / BC-1004; and Finally, BC-610 with SX28  CU 160m morn & 75m wkends.
73  W8TOW
w5omr

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2007, 11:58:09 AM »

I am sorry you feel that way. It seems you just want to start trouble. You have done research on my Call and please dont post it Mack. ITs my right to not post it.
It only matters that the owners and mods of this forum know it. 

Mr. Turner, you -are- aware that the owners and moderators of the AMFone site have set forth rules and regulations and they are -highly suggestive- in what should be done, aren't you?

<b>
Welcome to AMfone...the largest site on the internet dedicated to Vintage and AM
Radio.

***PLEASE NOTE - IF YOU HOLD A CURRENT AMATEUR RADIO CALL SIGN, WE ASK THAT IT BE USED AS YOUR USERNAME***
This will help to speed your verification process, Thank you.
</b>

The date on -this- particular piece of information, was 03 July, 2007.  You became a member... yesterday?

It seems I am not wanted so I wont post anymore.

We (hams in general) don't have -any- trouble helping anyone who asks.  Personally, I can't think of any Ham radio operator that wanted to hide their callsign.  In fact, quite the opposite.  My Legal FCC Issued Callsign is proudly displayed most everywhere, and used on the air with nearly every transmission.

Don't get me wrong... I'm not trying to perform some bit of moderation in this message thread, but rules are rules and apply to -everyone-.

Operating a transmitter on the air without a license is illegal.  Period.  Hams that know that a transmitter is being operated illegally are forbidden, by law, to knowingly engage in conversation with said illegal transmitter.

So, Mr. Turner, the ball is in your court now.  Are you a proud card-carrying member of the Amateur fraternity, or aren't you? 

We'd love to help, but communication is when information flows -both- ways.  You ask us for information, we give.  We ask you for information, you fold.

What's the deal?

WBear2GCR

Brrrr- it's cold in the shack! Fire up the BIG RIG

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2007, 01:08:40 PM »

I am quite proud of my callsign.
But then again I worked my ass off to learn the code, it was very hard for me. Worked even harder to get my tail out of "novice land" and up to 13wpm.

Guess there is less pride today in getting a ham license than there once was?

otoh, Globeking, we all started from nothing in this hobby, all have had learning curves, and at least speaking for myself I still am quite a ways from "knowing everything"...

I think that it is likely that the general experience that many of us have had is that folks who react as you have often turn out to be either bootleggers or CB ops who want to get on with "the big boys", or both. IF ur that, we encourage you to go and get a license, they're almost a "no-brainer" today anyhow. But, that sort of thing leaves a bad taste in the mouth for many of us, myself included. Ok?

_-_-WBear2GCR

_-_- bear WB2GCR                   http://www.bearlabs.com
The Slab Bacon

« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2007, 01:11:51 PM »

I am quite proud of my callsign.
But then again I worked my ass off to learn the code, it was very hard for me. Worked even harder to get my tail out of "novice land" and up to 13wpm.

Guess there is less pride today in getting a ham license than there once was?

otoh, Globeking, we all started from nothing in this hobby, all have had learning curves, and at least speaking for myself I still am quite a ways from "knowing everything"...

I think that it is likely that the general experience that many of us have had is that folks who react as you have often turn out to be either bootleggers or CB ops who want to get on with "the big boys", or both. IF ur that, we encourage you to go and get a license, they're almost a "no-brainer" today anyhow. But, that sort of thing leaves a bad taste in the mouth for many of us, myself included. Ok?

_-_-WBear2GCR

Ditto!! What he said!!

The Slab Bacon

"No is not an answer and failure is not an option!"
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015