The AM Forum
May 19, 2024, 10:26:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 7290 AM Today  (Read 3140 times)
W1VD
Contributing

« on: July 04, 2007, 11:08:17 AM »

Decent conditions...about a dozen stations heard/worked...put some fire to the wire and give a holler!

Jay W1VD

'Tnx Fer the Dope OM'.
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 10:49:09 AM »

Sorry I missed it, Jay. Haven't had much radio time recently with the house issues, but I'm going to give a listen tonight and try to over the weekend. We had a pretty good group getting together in the evenings. Weekend daytime seems to be the best, more folks around then.

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
W1VD
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 01:15:56 PM »

Todd

Wednesday worked out well - worked about a dozen stations. Best DX was Warren W1GUD in Tampa who was good copy here most of the day. Any idea what time you'll be around tonight? Will listen and put out a few CQs over the weekend as well.

Jay 

'Tnx Fer the Dope OM'.
Tom WA3KLR
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 01:23:13 PM »

I just finished working Jamie KF2VM mobile NY on 7290 AM.  He is still there.  I need to go and mow the yard.

73 de Tom WA3KLR  AMI # 77   Amplitude Modulation - a force Now and for the Future!
AF9J
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 01:54:23 PM »

Aw geez!  You guys are bumming me out!  I just sold off my only AM capability last night on eBay (my Swan 270B, and my Yaesu FT-897D).  So unless I get my Cheyenne fixed soon, or I find some iron at the SMARC swapfest in Oak Creek, I'm out of luck in the near future. 

Ellen - AF9J

P.S. - Todd, did you get the rebuilt mod. transformer back in your KW-1?
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 02:48:31 PM »

Jay and anyone else who may tune in this evening:

I think we found that 8PM or a bit before provided a decent amount of time before the band gets too sloppy. With daylight hours getting shorter now, maybe 7-7:30 is a better starting point. Only problem is that for some folks, it's the dinner hour or recovery from. I'll get the rig warmed up by then and start listening, although I may not be able to hop on until closer to 8. Of course, we have some decent T-storms popping up this way right now, so it might all be a moot point.

Ellen: no, the transformer is still in Maine. Haven't decided if I want it shipped back or if time permits a trip to see Gary's place. I'm about to take flight south again for another conjugal visit with the wife too, so the mod iron will likely not be back into the transmitter until the end of the month, at soonest. In the meantime, you need to track down a new rig with a signal so we can hear you and you can join in. If you can cut through the noise this time of year, the rest is a cake walk.

Warren, 'GUD is in the Tampa area. Maybe I'll catch up with him while I'm down there. Would be great to catch him on the air again. Jamie puts out a really good mobile signal, sounds like a fixed station at times.

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015