The AM Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:27:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ..HQ129X T/R HELP, ES NC300  (Read 3471 times)
ve6pg

« on: June 27, 2007, 10:56:16 AM »

...HEY...OK, LOST MY NC300..NO TIME TO FIX RIGHT NOW...SO...FIRST QUESTION:...ON THE BACK OF THE HQ129X THERE IS A 2 PIN CONNECTOR, LABELED "RELAY"...IS THIS THE SAME AS THE "STANDBY" ON MY NC300?...IN OTHER WORDS, IF I SHORT OUT THESE 2 PINS, FROM MY T/R, DOES THIS MUTE THE RECEIVER, OR IS THIS SUPPLYING VOLTAGE TO EXCITE A TRANSMITTER?...THE MANUAL FROM BAMA ISNT VERY CLEAR ON THIS...
..OK,...NEXT...THE HUM I'M RECEIVING ON MY NC300, REGARDLESS OF VOLUME SETTINGS, APPEARS TO BE SOMETHING IN THE POWER SUPPLY...I'VE NOT LOOKED AT THE NC300 AS YET, AND CANT FIND MY MANUAL...WHICH/WHERE ARE THE POWER SUPPLY FILTER CAPS?....IT IS SO HOT HERE, AND I REALLY DONT FEEL LIKE WERKING ON THIS STUFF, BUT GONNA HAFTA SOMETIME...TNX, TIM....SK...

...Yes, my name is Tim Smith...sk..
KC1XF
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 11:31:31 AM »

Hi Tim,

Just checked the schematic for the NC-300 here and the power supply Cap is C-62. It is a three section Cap 40-40-20 mfd. Located in front of the power xmfr just to the left looking at the receiver from the front. It is mounted directly to the chassis.

Goo Luck hope this helps, I you need a copy of the schematic I can photocopy it and send it to you.

Fred

EMAIL: KC1XF@YAHOO.COM
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015