The AM Forum
April 28, 2024, 07:52:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio Waves are Slowing Down!  (Read 4250 times)
WA1HZK

« on: May 16, 2007, 04:20:29 PM »

HERE IS ANOTHER ONE THAT I MUST HAVE SLEPT THROUGH AT ELECTRONICS SCHOOL!

Several years ago we revealed in these pages the discovery that radio waves were gradually slowing down. Found during experiments conducted by our own Dr. Elwood P. Lishnus and Dr. Avruell U. Harnishe of the GEARVAKf Scientific Studies Committee, the Harnishe-Lishnus Effect has had a profound influence upon the manufacture and design of amateur radio equipment and other devices that make use of the radio spectrum.

Originally, radio frequency drifting was thought to be a minor problem within receivers and transmitters brought on by unstable heating and cooling of frequency-determining circuits. That theory was abandoned, however, when the slowing of the radio waves forced the electronics industry to change its frequency measurement system from the cycles-per-second to the Hertz standard. New equipment manufactured under the Hertz standard did not drift, whereas old gear made under the cycles-per-second standard continued to drift from set frequencies. Observation of this phenomenon led to the discovery of the Harnishe-Lishnus Effect in 1966.

The early experiments, however, dealt only with frequencies below 10 MHz. Last year, Drs. Harnishe and Lishnus made a series of observations of the slowing of radio waves above 10 MHz and found that they vary at a much different rate than those below 10 MHz.

Surprisingly, they found that the lower frequencies are actually pulling away from the higher frequencies, leaving a gap in the middle. That gap just happens to fall right in the new 30 meter amateur band between 10.109 MHz and 10.115 MHz. The FCC won't let us operate there because there are no frequencies to operate on! Any rig loaded up in the gap would see an infinite SWR and instant destruction. The Harnishe-Lishnus Effect provided early warning and probably saved thousands of dollar of equipment from ruin.

AM is Not A Hobby - It's a "Way of Life"!
Timmy, Sometime in 2007 on a Mountain Far Away..
www.criticalradio.com
www.criticalbattery.com
www.criticaltowers.com
www.criticalresponder.com
Official Registered "Old Buzzard"
WA1GFZ

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 04:23:26 PM »

so this is what woodstock brown acid does to you
W4EWH

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 10:48:16 PM »

so this is what woodstock brown acid does to you

He should have taken the reds, man!

Follow along in your book while we learn our next three words in Turkish ...

Life's too short for plastic radios.  Wallow in the hollow! - KD1SH
kenw2dtc
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 12:16:28 AM »

Digging deep into the internet I found out some interesting things about this phenomenon. First, an SUV with its loaded capacitance becomes a 1/8 wavelength radiator.  When to similar SUV's enter a toll booth, they become a resonant half wave at 10 mHz an emit radiation that zaps the ozone layer.  So it's not fossil fuels at all but the length of the SUV. 

Further digging found that those brown delivery trucks are a natural half wavelength, which accounts for those damaged radios.  It's not the mishandling at all but the GEARVAKf effect.

I thought you might like to know this.
flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 04:09:48 PM »

I got my knee high boots on guys.
Fred

Fred KC4MOP
n3lrx
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 06:37:06 AM »

Theories like that Hertz my head .. lol

Blame it all on Global Warming! Another one of those blow hard theories!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015