The AM Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:21:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tube Tester Manual Needed or info??  (Read 2471 times)
Ed/KB1HYS
Contributing

« on: May 05, 2007, 05:15:02 PM »

I picked up a Tube Tester at the Near Fester...  Roll Eyes
an EMC (Electronic Measurement Co. of NYC) Model 206. in a wood case, case is pretty beat, but the innards are in good shape.

It has the scroll with all the settings, and actually works. BUT (theres always a but)

I need a manual, or can someone tell me how to set the switches to get power to the filaments???

There are no settings on on the scroll for how to select the filament pins. I managed to test a questionable 6sn7gt that I had, after a lot of guess work about the unused switches, got the filaments to light, and got a reading that about matched my opinion of the tubes condition... (yea thats real scientific for ya  Wink but hey it works!! and for $10 yet!! )

73 de Ed/KB1HYS
Happiness is Hot Tubes, Cold 807's, and warm room filling AM Sound.
 "I've spent three quarters of my life trying to figure out how to do a $50 job for $.50, the rest I spent trying to come up with the $0.50" - D. Gingery
kd6mpy
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 10:25:56 AM »

I just checked BAMA (Boat Anchor Manual Archive) and they had some manuals for later models of tester.  Try looking at one of those manuals and see if it looks similar to the tester you bought.  While the technical specs might be different the overall operation would probably be similar. 

Good Luck,

Sean
Ed/KB1HYS
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 11:04:46 PM »

Sean,

That did the trick. Been testing my stash of tubes, no problems!

Thanks for the tip. I keep forgetting about BAMA...

73 de Ed/KB1HYS
Happiness is Hot Tubes, Cold 807's, and warm room filling AM Sound.
 "I've spent three quarters of my life trying to figure out how to do a $50 job for $.50, the rest I spent trying to come up with the $0.50" - D. Gingery
kd6mpy
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 05:13:58 PM »

No worries Ed.  BAMA is the first place I look, even if I get a manual with any of my purchases.  There are often some repair notes or other important documents.  Good luck with all those tubes!  Sean
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015