The AM Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:29:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 75 meters mobile in the D.X, window.  (Read 4565 times)
kf2vm
« on: May 01, 2007, 08:38:21 PM »

Hi Guy's. Just have to tell someone about this cuz I need an Ego Boost. On the way up to Malone, travelling the Adirondack Northway, I worked my first Mobile 75 meter D.X. on 3799 kc/s. Was running full strap about 600 pep. Worked M1EAZ and OK4 something or other. In the excitement, spilled my chewing tobacco spit cup on the scratch pad, and of course, in my lap. Typical Jamie stunt. Still, was 6/7 to the U.K., and the obligatory 5/9 to the OK4. Problem was hearing them. I am an alligator due to power line, road, and ignition noise. I usually encapsulate the spark plug wires with stainless braid, but haven't done it yet. I am going to start using my 98 Jeep soon. Any suggestions on further noise suppression? It must be frustrating the fifth or sixth time I ask someone to repeat everything. So, it gives us piss weak mobiles hope to be heard across the pond. Look forward to seeing you all at Deerfield/Hosstraders. Thanks to Mister Mike for all the arranging. And, personally, I thin the no alchohol rule is a small price for having a great place to meet again. Maybe, if we show the owners we can behave, they might relax the rule in October. See you all on Friday,... JAMIE
Carl WA1KPD
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 08:47:53 PM »

Nice going J- man
I've done it in the winter just barely (s-2 or 3 on my part)  but I only run a barefoot 706. It is a heck of a thrill isn't it
See you up north

Carl

"Okay, gang are you ready to play radio? Are you ready to shuffle off the mortal coil of mediocrity? I am if you are." Shepherd
kf4qkr

Old Buzzard AM

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 05:06:27 PM »

Cool deal Jamie.Your mobile was strapping down here in NC. Enjoyed the QSO the other night on 3885.The slopbuckets were trying their best to interfear but you strapped them with your mobile.Look forward to the next QSO.73s.

Mike
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 09:25:31 PM »

Cool. I worked some UK mobiles in the DX Window this winter. It's always fun to pull out the weak ones.
VE1IDX

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 10:22:05 PM »

Makes a guy feel good doesn't it. I know I felt GREAT when I worked a couple G3's on80m using a barefoot FT-857 and a Hamstick antenna.

Learn from others mistakes.You will never live long enough to make them all yourself.
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2007, 11:07:06 PM »

aint a slopbucket in North America can bother KF2VM's MOBILE!
KI4OWV
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 01:28:42 AM »

VM's mobile ain't one of those dark-colored old model surburbans with more batteries and alternators than its got cylinders is it?  Grin Grin Grin  Seriously- one of those on 75 AM dx would be a lot more fun than a "key down" on chicken-band. If a slobber bucket got too close just hit the nitrous! Good Job Jamie!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015